RkyMtnHigh

Wingman

So tonight I played "wingman" for my exhusband as he was out on a date with a match.com person. He was really nervous and not so sure he should go to dinner with her at all.

They "met" online about a week ago, then talked on the phone (he's not a big phone talker kinda guy) but she talked for over 3 hours and he was falling asleep and his cell phone battery died. She text messaged him 16 times today and left several messages and he's a really busy guy, so he didn't have time to reply before the next message came through. She sent a lot of pics of herself and claimed to be a triathlete etc and when they met at the restaurant, she was far from the description and pics she sent of herself. He was so disappointed and bummed that he even went to match.com. I'm bummed for him as well. He's "shy" and not as outgoing and sociable as myself, but I hate it that he used a resource such as match.com and the person he invested his time into ended up misrepresenting herself.

My text message came right on time to "save" him and when he called back he said "God, I'm so glad THAT is over" ..then proceeded to fill me in on how the "date" went. Just 24 hours, she represented herself as something she is far from, so why do people do that? Be REAL! GEEEEEEEEEEZ. I feel bad for him. He's really a good guy and I want him to find an amazing mate and be happy. Now he feels stupid to ever trust match.com again. He feels really weird to have me as "wingman" and to share his dating experiences, but just like his career, I am there for him and do everything I can to help him and comfort and support him to get beyond the limits of his capabilities of his own mind. I know he's capable and worthy of more.

He's cute and incredibly funny. Looks like McGyver. I have a pic I can send to any single Colorado skydivers who are interested in a successful 41 yr old male who is a great cook when he's home but travels a lot these days.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

hours and he was falling asleep and his cell phone battery died. She text messaged him 16 times today and left several messages

That right there is whats called a RED FLAG:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

hours and he was falling asleep and his cell phone battery died. She text messaged him 16 times today and left several messages

That right there is whats called a RED FLAG:ph34r::ph34r:

Exactly. He called today to tell me about a job opportunity and ended up describing the situation and said "she's psycho and is scaring me". I told him to cancel the date and he said "but I told her I'm a nice guy, so I can't do that"...he went and was miserable for 2 hours until my call of an important emergency business situation.

Hot women like you make great wingmen. Chicks are all over dudes they think are taken.

THAT is what I told him! I offered to come out to interview for my job opp in the West and "show him the ropes" about picking up a decent girl and he said "no WAY am I going to have my ex-wife do that! That's just not right!". I don't see the big deal really. I could totally strike the conversation and say we are brother/sister (since we still have the same last name) and then do the intro and pass the baton. Easy Breezy IMO.;)

I'm beginning to believe that my "role" in the life of a man is to be like a cool sister, like a comrad, like a best friend but to not go beyond that. If that is my purpose here in life, then so be it. I'm really okay with that.

That was very noble of you. B|

Older men have a hard time of it. My dad went on one of those sites and the person he met was a zero too.[:/]

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

That was very noble of you. B|

Older men have a hard time of it. My dad went on one of those sites and the person he met was a zero too.[:/]

mh

He said that too. He said that the "29 or 30s that would be involved with him only want a sugar daddy" That's his experience since I left and I am really sad about that for him.

I struggle/hate to say this but perhaps he now understand my shoes for the past 20+ years of being the "bread winner" (I hate that label) where you make significantly more than your significant "other". It bites you in every way possible. It's a curse, not a blessing like you would think because your SO who makes less fees less worthy or other sub-emotions which isn't fair for either party. Very difficult to balance out and make both parties comfortable with the differential means.

This is where I'm sure I'll be flamed!...
When I am totally committed and deep in love with someone like I have been with my recent SO...Every Penny on the Planet is worth the love, compassion and affection that he has given me. In my opinion, it's a FAIR trade. In others minds it is more about being equal financially. Perhaps I'll evolve to that place but for now it's a trade off of loving and just BEING.