cocheese

Why do you watch drama on tv?

Actually, I haven't watched television since I started skydiving. Suddenly, it became unbearably boring. I do enjoy an occasional dramatic movie or novel though. It takes me into another world where I don't need to think about my own problems for a while.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

especially the depressing crime based, prison/jail and cop show types...God I can't take those!

That's why you should watch more reality shows, silly! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

ummm...yea you and her have fun with that...that's too much worthless drama for me...

I'll stick with Discovery, TLC, Travel Channel, History, Food Network, and almost any of the HD channels..at least it's somewhat stimulating...or is it the alcohol...:P

[gripe mode]
I find it hard to watch much (UK) TV now - especially the really hyped stuff - without feeling my intelligence is being insulted.

Most of what's on is cheaply made, cynical formula nonsense and it only makes it worse being continually told, look what we made to entertain you and complete your life. Isn't it great? [:/]

I guess at least when it comes to drama, somebody has to actually write it and spend a little money on it.

Oh, there's also a proposal now to increase the amount of advertising during UK programming, which would mean moving closer to the American format where the first ad break comes straight after the opening credits.
[/gripe mode]