RALFFERS

Arm Injury (QUESTION)

Hey ya'll,

I need some advice on a minor arm injury, at least it seems minor; I'll try to describe what happened as best I can. A week ago today, put simply I slipped while coming out the the bathroom on a wet floor; my upper body went forward while my legs went straight back-I fell straight on my right arm-hard! B| I think the injury happened long before I hit the floor though; I must have puled a muscle when trying to grab the wall. The pain was SO bad THAT INITIALLY, I thought I broke something or tore a muscle, thank God I didn't. Thing is, that first day the pain didn't die down at all, and although it's gotten better it now seems "stuck"...maybe it's just going away that slow... I can do everything again now, but there is some pain in the right bicep, not so much when I extend my arm but retracting it results in somewhat still significant pain. Also, the fact that I use forearm crutches to walk and thus can't give this the best environment to heal simply sucks. I'm due in the tunnel over Thanksgiving and already bought the plane ticket...hope this goes away by then.

I know I shouldn't be lifting weights, but can I at least go to the gym and swim in the pool? I've been out of the gym for a while because of a lot of stuff going on, and now, when I want to get back into the swing of things, I can't >:( I have 8 months to get into shape for my "A" license endeavor, and want to get things rolling again ASAP. Also-any ideas in terms of speeding up recovery time?

Thanks
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

im not a doctor so take my advice with a grain of salt. sounds like you bruised your muscle and the best thing i could think of for it is to stretch it and put a hot/cold compress on it. 20min/20min 2 times/day. im sure you will be ok for the tunnel, shouldnt take more than a month to heal well enough for you to handle the tunnel, but just remember im not a doctor or in any medical field, ive seen a few bumps and bruises and had some myself so take my advice with caution.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

I'm sorry, but I thought I'd bump this up since not tp many people were on yesterday. I still need opinions on the subject.

Shtank you very much. ;)

Can't help you with the medical question, but I'm REALLY happy for you about the tunnel. I'm sure you'll be able to get in by Thanksgiving, but I definitely understand the concern. I'd be heartbroken to miss the tunnel, ANY time! Which one are you going to?

I hope you heal quickly!
TPM Sister #102

Get it looked at now.

I'm in week 2 post-op for a SLAP IV and torn biceps tendon repair.

Happened a while ago and I tried to tough it out thinking it was "old guy" aches.

Wrong answer - I'm out 6 months.
- Harvey, BASE 1232
TAN-I, IAD-I, S&TA

BLiNC Magazine Team Member

Thanks for the well-wishes Jewels :)
I'm going to the Orlando tunnel; I'm very excited about it, and very...VERY inpatient! :D

I also have 15 minute slot in the Las Vegas tunnel free of charge thanks to a friend of mine, and might go there as early as middle of October.

Get it looked at now.

I'm in week 2 post-op for a SLAP IV and torn biceps tendon repair.

Happened a while ago and I tried to tough it out thinking it was "old guy" aches.

Wrong answer - I'm out 6 months.

Holy Crap dude, that's scary! I'm sorry that your out for that long and wish you a good recovery. Thanks for the heads; sometimes something minor isn't minor at all I guess. Although it's now getting better by the day, maybe I should go get it looked at just to be safe.

A week ago today, put simply I slipped while coming out the the bathroom on a wet floor;

GET A RUBBER BATH MAT FOR INSIDE THE SHOWER AND ONE WITH A RUBBER UNDERSIDE SO IT WON'T SLIP OUTSIDE THE SHOWER.

We buried a friend a few months ago. Athletic guy that slipped in the damn shower and died from the head injury. :(

One of those things that make you shake your head...what a tragic thing and such a stupid accident to take a life, but IT HAPPENS.

I don't have any answers for your arm, sorry! Take care and heal quickly! :)

-And promise to buy a damn bath mat. :|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Or you can be cheap like me and just step on the end of your towel when you get out.:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Or you can be cheap like me and just step on the end of your towel when you get out.:P

NO! >:( No no no. It doesn't have a rubber bottom and you can still slip.

I will NOT bury another friend from something silly. YOU WILL ALL BUY BATH MATS WITH RUBBER UNDERSIDES FOR YOUR BATHROOMS.

Or Acme will beat each one of you so that you CAN'T take a shower standing any more!!! >:(>:(>:(:|

Ralffers I know your address. Buy one today or I'm sending one to you in the mail. >:(

Edit to add: And it will be PINK with FLOWERS! >:(
~Jaye

Athletic guy that slipped in the damn shower and died from the head injury.

Not the shower for me but rather a staircase. I guess I'm more fortunate than I thought.

My condolences to you and your friends loved ones.:(

Athletic guy that slipped in the damn shower and died from the head injury.

Not the shower for me but rather a staircase. I guess I'm more fortunate than I thought.

My condolences to you and your friends loved ones.:(

I feel bad for his widow. :(

...and I don't know what we're going to do about stairs, Chris! They're dangerous! >:(
~Jaye

NO! >:( No no no. It doesn't have a rubber bottom and you can still slip.

I will NOT bury another friend from something silly. YOU WILL ALL BUY BATH MATS WITH RUBBER UNDERSIDES FOR YOUR BATHROOMS.

Or Acme will beat each one of you so that you CAN'T take a shower standing any more!!! >:(>:(>:(:|

Ralffers I know your address. Buy one today or I'm sending one to you in the mail. >:(

Edit to add: And it will be PINK with FLOWERS! >:(

By now Ihave learned to never argue with a women.

1.A women is never wrong

2.If a women is ever wrong, refer back to point #1. ;)

OK, in all seriousness now...I will go buy a rubber mat; I have stopped myself from slipping and/or have fallen many times-it's amazing I have never broken a bone. My last adventure was flying down my front stairs-it was wer, I was in a hurry, I grabbed the railing, hand slipped and I went flying; landing on concrete is bad juju. I get up from that with no problem, yet you can break an arm, or worse yet-die falling in your bathroom. I promise to go buy a mat with rubber undersides

Though, ya know...with all this falling I do I'll be a natural at PLF :D

You know what they say....."Happy wife.....Happy Life!"

As for the arm.....who know's what is wrong, #1) nobody has xray vision so unless you have a janitor fx (obvious enought that a janitor can diagnose you without an xray because your arm is bent in all funky directions) you need an xray to determine if a break is present and #2) unless someone can physically evaluate your arm there is no way of knowing if you have a contusion/break/rupture of tendons ect. ect. ect.

Whoever evaluates your arm will be the one to tell you if the xray is necessary.

Have a great time in the tunnel. I can't wait to go back!;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!