Bandit589

Trying to contact the Pieces of Eight!

I was born with one hand, I do have my left elbow and about 4 inches below that so that I can grab with my elbow. I went on my first tandem jump (after they kicked me out of static line class) and fell in love. My instructor told me that with the rigs that they have, there is no way that they could let me static line, and that I should contact the Pieces of Eight and see what suggestions they might have for me. If anyone knows how to contact them, please let me know! I have a do or die attitude and have never accomplished anything I have not set my mind to, I can just see that this might have a few more obstacles!

Go back to 'Community' and click on the skydivers with disabilities forums. I'll bet you'll find an amputee jumper that will help you out. :)
Good luck with that. I jumped (in the plane, not on the same jump) with an amputee out in Bremerton. He had a great sense of humor, and a modified rig and mechanical arm that he liked to show off. ;)

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Thanks for the help! I am also accused of being the comedian of every situation (it's only because I use the obvious!) I don't use a prosthesis, I feel like it's just a chunk of plaster because I was born without a hand and have adapted well.

Thanks again!

I'm one of the Pieces of Eight members...I use a prothesis, but thee are several who don't.. Mike Morley of Ohio jumps with just one hand.. he's a amputee at the shoulder..

just be sure you can grip & HOLD the toggle without it coming of tirning low or in flare... you might want to look into discussing with your rigger to shorten the brake / steering lines a bit?

Mike