freethefly

abandoned kitten

Seems the momma cat outside has abandoned the runt of her liter. She stuck it in the back of my El camino this morning and it laid out there all day in the sun and through a storm.
I couldn't take it any longer and had to bring it in. I was told to get baby formula and a little baby bottle but it doesn't seem to want to eat. I would hate to see it die. Any suggestions?
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

it's been crying a lot and searching for a nipple. eyes are still closed. I did get it to feed for about 15 seconds. It's quiet down some:)

excellent !! http://www.kittenrescue.org/handbook.htm might answer some more stuff for you but keep it warm and stimulate it to urinate/defecate because they cant on their own when first born. (detailed explanation in the orphan kitten reading if you don't know how to do this) good luck :)
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

I have 3 kittens living under my porch that were born last winter. The no-kill shelter won't take them because they're wild. I have got one of them fairly well used to me. I can pick her up and stuff, so maybe the shelter will take her after a while. Not sure about the other two.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I have 3 kittens living under my porch that were born last winter. The no-kill shelter won't take them because they're wild. I have got one of them fairly well used to me. I can pick her up and stuff, so maybe the shelter will take her after a while. Not sure about the other two.

Cats come through here each year but normally dissappear for one reason or another. Last winter a momma cat moved in and had a litter and they are all still here. one just had this litter about a week ago.
Neil Young

still waiting for pics of your new friend......

All I have is my DVC. I'll have to grab some video and download it to grab a still. I'll post a couple of the little fella tomorrow:)
Neil Young

That's a VERY good thing you have done. A lot of people would have said "it's just a cat", and left it alone or done worse.

Sounds like you're a great cat momma!;)

"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson