kbordson

Baltimore, MD

If you have the time drive down to DC. Its about an hour or 2 depending where you are. Maryland is good for crabs, and not just from the prostitutes
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Just don't get lost. Stick near the harbor and convention center and it's fine. Don't walk in unlit areas.

Here's a map of all the murders in Baltimore City from the largest local newspaper. Just select "All of 2007" from the first drop-down box. Unfortunately, it's on track to be number one in the nation in homicides this year.

It's a nice city, some fabulous architecture, but it has "issues". Hate to be a party pooper, but FYI. Baltimore has come nice pockets without question. A city with history and with potential.

Damn skippy, there are some seriously angry people in that city. that's more murders than we have in a few years:| in our whole country

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Damn skippy, there are some seriously angry people in that city. that's more murders than we have in a few years:| in our whole country

Stick by the harbor and all is fine. Baltimore cops are tough and keep that area pretty well locked down. Every few years there's an incident at the Harbor, but the local government knows, as well as the cops, that the Inner Harbor area brings lots of revenue via tourists and conventions. So they are appropriately vigilant in that area.

My primary point - don't go exploring in the surrounding areas.

Just don't get lost. Stick near the harbor and convention center and it's fine. Don't walk in unlit areas.

Here's a map of all the murders in Baltimore City from the largest local newspaper. Just select "All of 2007" from the first drop-down box. Unfortunately, it's on track to be number one in the nation in homicides this year.

It's a nice city, some fabulous architecture, but it has "issues". Hate to be a party pooper, but FYI. Baltimore has come nice pockets without question. A city with history and with potential.

Yeah, but if you take awy the shootings it aint so bad. The stabbings, aphyxiations and blunt force tramas are only as bad as the entire state of Idaho.B|

But hey! Did you notice no murders around the giant guitar so far this year?

Here's a map of all the murders in Baltimore City

WOW!

That's a bit surprising! Something NOT to show Mom until I get back! Good thing I have a pretty kick ass life insurance policy! :o:D Honestly though, I'm not planning on being stupid.... (well... ok, I'll try not to. Last year, I did do a walking tour of the mall at DC at 1:00am and just last week, I took my mom for a little walk - LITTLE, ie still in visual range of the nice hotel - in NYC at 2am) So... what I'm saying is that I don't have to "plan" on being stupid. :D:D:D

I do like the idea of flying up for some Rum!! but the whole conference thing.... damn.

And the annoying thing is that the one that I was going to the conference with shifted his plane tickets... so I gots to find something fun to do OTHER than just sit in the hotel room and review my cases and re-read my notes

Go to the federal hill area for bars, they are way better- the Dog Pub, (formerly known as Thirsty Dog), :beer: has homemade beer for cheap and awesome pizza. Mum's is a great dive bar in fed hill, very SoBo. If you are in Fells, go to Max's- 4 million (i might exaggerate) kinds of exotic beers. In Mt Vernon (gay/theatre district, but some great places to eat/ drink) go to the Brewer's Art on Charles St. Dungeon-y, great homemade beers (including the [in]famous resurrection).

Museum-type stuff: visionary Arts Museum http://www.avam.org/ and the aquarium

Try to sign up for a trapeze lesson at the harbor! http://baltimore.trapezeschool.com/

Don't go to power plant, hard rock, etc. These places are soul-less and boring! :|

Drive 2 hours (across the scenic bay bridge) to Skydive Delmarva, and jump!!!

PM me for any specific Q's, i live in baltimore and have yet to get shot, raped, mugged, or asfixiated. And i regularly have a good time.