homer

Cancer Survivors

OH no...it's not back right now...but it came back 5yrs after the second time i was diagnosed, treated and then given the all clear. got rid of it after that and then got it a third time. The problem now is the chemotherapy they gave me the first time is actualy the cause of the last two types of lymphoma I've gotten. talk about a killjoy of a drug. save then try to kill ya later. I am clear right now for past almost 3yrs. Thank god it's not back now. i can't imagine having that right now in my life. i have too much going on with that. thank god.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

OH no...it's not back right now...but it came back 5yrs after the second time i was diagnosed, treated and then given the all clear. got rid of it after that and then got it a third time. The problem now is the chemotherapy they gave me the first time is actualy the cause of the last two types of lymphoma I've gotten. talk about a killjoy of a drug. save then try to kill ya later. I am clear right now for past almost 3yrs. Thank god it's not back now. i can't imagine having that right now in my life. i have too much going on with that. thank god.

That shit is scary (chemo)! I was very hesitant to take the radioactive iodine, even though they would love you to believe it is only absorbed by the thyroid! Whatever! I don't believe that for one second. I'm still not sure I made the right decision and i'll never know.

Best of luck to you!
-A

was very hesitant to take the radioactive iodine, even though they would love you to believe it is only absorbed by the thyroid! Whatever! I don't believe that for one second. I'm still not sure I made the right decision and i'll never know.

Everything happened so fast for my first surgery that I just trusted the Doc. After learning of my 3 different types of cancer tumors I decided to do my homework. I did some serious research at our local cancer center to find out my treatment options. With the types of tumors I had a second surgery was the only option followed by chemo. 8 hours worth of treatment a day with 27 doses over a 7 week period.

:SWhen my hair was falling out I enjoyed playing a little joke on people. When asked how I was doing I would pull out a pinch of hair, show them and then ask them how do you think I'm doing :o. I was called a sick SOB more than once. It make me :D:D

CSA #699 Muff #3804

Cancer is right up there with skydiving and kids.

NOBODY who has not experienced it personally, will ever understand! Period! But if you are able to live thru it and survive, it immeasureably broadens your perspective.

Bonus question: What do you give a guy who has everything? Tumor me with your answers! :)

i just want to tell you guys how great it is that you are survivors!! :) it absolutely warms my heart for each and ever cancer survival story i read or hear about. the strength and courage it takes to overcome this disease is immeasurable and i can't personally comprehend it.

so thank you homer for recognizing the folks that have gone thru this!! because of people such as yourselves, others may find the strength that they might not have known they have. :)

you guys are outstanding!!!!!! thank you and congratulations for doing it!

i wish you all love, good health and strength...

arlo

No, THANK YOU for your kind words and support. After reading your post it got me to thinking how US adults have said in this thread it was so difficult going through our treatments and how we don't know if we could do it all over again. I have to think about the KIDS who at such young ages have gone through more treatments and hardship than I could even begin to emagin. The kids deserve some hugs as well. Those little guys are some tough cookies and never complain once about it.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

I hear you with the treatment options. Everything was very fast for me, too. After the initial discovery I was in surgery in just 3 short weeks. After that, they told me i'd need the iodine treatment. After a bit of research, I realized that once you have your thyroid removed, good luck finding a different (more open minded to new treatments) doctor because they are all booked and you'll sooner go into a coma than find a new one.

But, alas, that is over. And, i'm moving so i'll be switching doctors before my next tracer dose of RAI.

I wish you the best. I didn't go through nearly what you did. But, I was probably nearly as scared, so I know how you feel.

When my hair was falling out I enjoyed playing a little joke on people. When asked how I was doing I would pull out a pinch of hair, show them and then ask them how do you think I'm doing . I was called a sick SOB more than once. It make me

:P HA!

-A

I think Arlo knows what we all know, but sometimes forget ourselves -

We can do more for ourselves for healing, treatment, recovery, etc. when we have excellent support. I know Arlo has provided this to close people in her life, and we all have "Arlos" who are a part of our stories.

Thank you, to those who were my Arlo. And thank you Arlo for your bravery. It's hard what we go through, but I do think it's harder to watch someone else because you feel helpless...

Spindle Cell Sarcoma - half my right ass gone - radiation - remission 15 years

Radiation caused embrianaled testicular cancer - remission 12 years

going in for an MRI and blood work monday.

New lobe in hip and ribs that need attention. Plus, I am having circulation and mobility problems from past surgeries.

They say that past treatment causes new cancers later in life......

Got my fingers crossed.

--

Damb bro that sucks. Best of luck to you.

I just got back from doing the Relay for Life cancer event. I walked the survivors lap with my father and the first two hours of the 18 hour event. I'm beat and in need of an ice cold :D.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

They say that past treatment causes new cancers later in life......

Tell me about it...it does happen. twice now i have had alternate versions of my lymphoma directly caused by the chemo that was given to me the first time.

but...good luck to you!!!

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Unfortunately, there is a DZ.commer going in for surgery on Monday to find out if she has cancer or not. [:/] Good luck sweety. I'll be cheering for you! :)

I wish you the best good news. It can't be easy.:(

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Woo woo! I met you at SSM, volunteered with the First CSWR.
Hope we see you at SSM again someday.

Sorry, I wish we had met but I didn't learn about the CSWR group until I read about them in Parachutist. Was a there for years 2 & 3 at Spaceland. I would have loved to have at San Marco. You probably had met Scott Schaeffer a great guy and a hell of an RW jumper.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

This is sort of a public service announcement. In this thread alone we have at least four people afflicted by testicular cancer. And while everybody likes to jump for the boops, but who ever jumps for the balls? :)

Seriously though, if you or a loved one is afflicted by testicular cancer, please point them to the following resources. (1) Testicular Cancer Resource Center, http://tcrc.acor.org; (2) Testicular Cancer Forum, http://tc-cancer.com.

Both of these are very powerful. And information and knowledge can make a big difference, can make all the difference. Testicular cancer is very aggressive but it is also one of the most curable cancers. (Heck, the death rate for flu is worse.)

Thanks for listening.

Woo woo! I met you at SSM, volunteered with the First CSWR.
Hope we see you at SSM again someday.

Sorry, I wish we had met but I didn't learn about the CSWR group until I read about them in Parachutist. Was a there for years 2 & 3 at Spaceland. I would have loved to have at San Marco. You probably had met Scott Schaeffer a great guy and a hell of an RW jumper.