Mostly_Harmless

Safire v Safire 2

The safire 1 is about 8% smaller than the stated size. Not sure what else they changed exactly.

I jumped a safire 1 135 (80 jumps) and a safire 2 119 (10 jumps or so). About a 5ft difference between them, I liked them both. Both were Spanish-made, I heard the safire 1's from the USA may be different and not flare so good.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

The safire 1 is about 8% smaller than the stated size. Not sure what else they changed exactly.

I jumped a safire 1 135 (80 jumps) and a safire 2 119 (10 jumps or so). About a 5ft difference between them, I liked them both. Both were Spanish-made, I heard the safire 1's from the USA may be different and not flare so good.

Yea mine was built by Precision Aerodynamics. Does the 8% rule still apply to the USA ones? Once I lengthen my brake lines the canopy flared pretty well.

Yea mine was built by Precision Aerodynamics. Does the 8% rule still apply to the USA ones? Once I lengthen my brake lines the canopy flared pretty well.

that's funny cause I had to shorten mine and now I don't ever want another canopy. I need another canopy because I have 1200 jumps on my Sap 1, but I want another Sap 1.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Mine were short when I got it but the canopy was collapsing when you brought the toggles past the middle of your torso. I had my rigger lengthen them a bit and now it flares awesome. I haven't flown too many canopies but the Safire is fun as all hell!

Mine were short when I got it but the canopy was collapsing when you brought the toggles past the middle of your torso. I had my rigger lengthen them a bit and now it flares awesome. I haven't flown too many canopies but the Safire is fun as all hell!

I'm short with short arms. To my knowledge I was the only one that needed them shortened.

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Hey Steve.

The Safire2 is a completely redisgned canopy from the original Safire.

The Safire2 has very similar openings, very soft and consistant. The Glide is slightly improved. The toggle and riser pressure is lighter and the recovery arc is a bit shorter. The flare is also stronger (even stronger than the Spanish built Safires that people preferred.)

They are both good canopies, but the Safire2 improved in every way. I have over 300 jumps on the original Safire and probably 250 on Safire2s, and I think the Safire2 really outshines it.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

I don't know much more about them than what has already been said here. I will vouch for both canopies though. I put about 50 jumps on a Safire 2 in the US a while back (150) and loved it. I currently jump a 135 Safire 1 and am getting some mad swoops out of it. When i bought it the brake lines were way short but after adding quite a bit it flares beautifully.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I'm short with short arms. To my knowledge I was the only one that needed them shortened.

j

I had them shortened also, they were way too long. I had 3 or 4 inches taken off I still left them long enough for no tail distortion in full frontrisers.

ciel bleu,
Saskia