windcatcher

Does anyone have a recipe for REALLY good homemade whipped cream?

Heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and flavored extract. YUM!! There are all kinds of extract out there from lemon to raspberry to maple. trust me, I do this for a living. Do not over whip the cream or you will have a mousse like consistency (then you could add melted chocolate to that and have a whole other dessert!!).

Bobbi

Whip it long enough and ya' got butter!:)

Chuck

I have also recently discovered that if you use non pasturized heavy cream (found in the organic section) the consistency and taste are much better. It will also stay whipped (without falling or seperating) MUCH longer.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

if you take a small container of whipping cream add either chocolate or strawberry syrup (not too much to start) and start whipping you will get chocolate and strawberry flavored whipped cream - no need for added sugar
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

What everyone else said, plus to keep the whipped cream from wilting or separating, add some unflavored Knox gelatine dissolved in just enough cold water to make a liquid.
Don't overbeat.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

I have also recently discovered that if you use non pasturized heavy cream (found in the organic section) the consistency and taste are much better. It will also stay whipped (without falling or seperating) MUCH longer.

Ahhh ... fresh farm cream for the new millenium! B|

I miss the days when my grandparents had a dairy farm and we separated the milk and had FRESH cream for dinner that night!

Hmmm ... makes me want to check out the summerhouse at the farm and see if that separator is still there! NOT that I have a cow but it was a pretty cool little piece of machinery! Bill Von could probably make something out of it.

Oh, sorry for digressing ....

Carry on!

:)
'Shell