LisaM

Change!

Ok I am a short person and I drive a short car. When I go to a drive through, WHY must they give me the bills and then put the change on top. I have to be very careful bringing my arm back in without spilling the change.

I used to try to snag the bills before they put the change down but some were too quick and I'd spill the change on the ground, So I don't do that one anymore.

When I used to work fast food, I would give the change first and just say the amount backwards. "33 cents and 5 dollars is your change"

Does this drive anyone else nuts? Or is this part of my emerging OCD? :P

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

No, you're right, they should give you the change first then the bills.

If they don't, they're a damn jive turkey!

I'll bet it's been a while since anybody's heard THAT term!

:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Are you dating yourself? I don't know that term.

George Jefferson used to say it a lot on the Jeffersons sitcom. It was a popular slang in the 70's used by blacks. I just saw it used in a comic strip in today's newspaper. It had been years since I saw it used. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Are you dating yourself? I don't know that term.

George Jefferson used to say it a lot on the Jeffersons sitcom. It was a popular slang in the 70's used by blacks. I just saw it used in a comic strip in today's newspaper. It had been years since I saw it used. :D

You should put it back on the shelf. :P

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I don't like it when they do that either. I have dropped my change a few times because the person doesn't pay attention and kind of throws it in your hand.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

What pisses me off more then that is when you go somewhere and they bring you fresh hot bread with the fucking knife stuck in it. Have you ever tried to spread butter with a knife that is 120* >:(

On topic: Yes it annoys the hell out of me.

I dunno. I think that is better than getting a cold knife with cold butter that just rips the bread up.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru, okay?

They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru!

They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked!

They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care.

So who gets fucked? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure!

I don't give a fuck! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

What pisses me off more then that is when you go somewhere and they bring you fresh hot bread with the fucking knife stuck in it. Have you ever tried to spread butter with a knife that is 120* >:(

I dunno. I think that is better than getting a cold knife with cold butter that just rips the bread up.

You got that right! I hate butter that cant be spreaded. :|

The one think I hate more than that is when the person cutting the bread turns the slices into breadsticks because they mashed it down in order to cut it.

And if they take the time to make sure everyone had a good hold on their change that would double the time through a drive through and then people would complain that they are too slow. :S

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

When I used to work fast food, I would give the change first and just say the amount backwards. "33 cents and 5 dollars is your change"

It bugs me that the majority of cashiers nowadays couldn't give correct change without the cash register telling them how much to give back. Apparently "counting back" change is a lost art... kinda like spotting...

It bugs me that the majority of cashiers nowadays couldn't give correct change without the cash register telling them how much to give back. Apparently "counting back" change is a lost art... kinda like spotting...

I've noticed lately that cashiers, mostly at smaller businesses, will round up to the next dime in giving you change back, so you end up with more. Or if you're supposed to get $3.92 back, you'll sometimes get $4 back instead. I don't mind. But I wouldn't do it if I were a cashier.

And if they take the time to make sure everyone had a good hold on their change that would double the time through a drive through and then people would complain that they are too slow. :S

If you put the change in the hand first you don't have to wait. It's when they give the change on top of the bills and the change goes flying and they have to make new change that it takes extra time.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I like the ones that think they know how to give change. Then the bill is $11.02 and I give them $20.10 and they get all confused. B|

I do that sometimes, but I help them and say, that's 8 cents back plus the cash.

Have anybody ever gotten an extra dollar back in change by accident? Happened to me a couple of times, both involved new batches of crisp neat bills. I gave $20 for an item that was $10.15 or something like that, and the cashier gave me $10.85 in change. That's right, ten new one dollar bills, and he did thumb through them to make sure, just not real carefully. ;)

Have anybody ever gotten an extra dollar back in change by accident? ]

a couple of months ago i'd run to Arby's near the DZ and got a 1 and three 5s when i was supposed to get four dollars and some coins back at the drive thru. going back would have made me miss the next load.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend