Ugali

Freefly on a Vector II

Asking another jumper to 'keep an eye on it' in freefall will be b*gger all use if you have a premmie while in a sit that cracks your spine.
What everyone is saying basically, is, the Vector 2 is not suitable for FF. make of that what you will but you cannot be sure you wont also take out someone else in your group...

What's wrong with having an experienced jumper fly a few feet away if I try to sit and keep an eye on my flap?

Why don't you play russian roulette instead?
You would not endanger anyone else.

Or _buy_ _proper_ gear!!!B|

I appreciate the honest and straightforward feedback from everyone. The point about perfecting my bellyflying is a great one, and ive thought along these lines as well. I guess I just really want to get into freeflying...and there's a jumper at out dz who owns a vectorII rig in slightly better condition (better Velcro and a bridle cover so that there's no exposure) and he does nothing but freeflying.

B

hey, you can drive on winter roads using bald tires. Until you end up smashing the piss out of your car. The problem is that you never know when the shit is going to hit the fan. I prefer to replace my tires when they get worn. Just like I prefer to spend a bit extra money on gear that's safe for what I will be using it for.

If you think that being cheap in a sport that can easily hurt you is a sensible thing, you may be in for an extremely rude awaking. Just make sure that whoever is flying next to you (you know, that person who will point to the open flap) will be wearing a camera.

Asking another jumper to 'keep an eye on it' in freefall will be b*gger all use if you have a premmie while in a sit that cracks your spine.
What everyone is saying basically, is, the Vector 2 is not suitable for FF. make of that what you will but you cannot be sure you wont also take out someone else in your group...

What's wrong with having an experienced jumper fly a few feet away if I try to sit and keep an eye on my flap?

Why don't you play russian roulette instead?
You would not endanger anyone else.

Or _buy_ _proper_ gear!!!B|

That gear IS proper....not everyone is made of money, and that container, along with a main, reserve, and Cypres II was a good option for a first rig with the money I had saved up. If you have an extra grand or two lying around & want to buy me a container, let me know, and I'll give you my measurements.

To everyone else, thanks for the suggestions. I'll stick to RW for now, and keep my eye out for a FF friendly container that hopefully will work for my main/reserve.

That gear IS proper....not everyone is made of money, and that container, along with a main, reserve, and Cypres II was a good option for a first rig with the money I had saved up.

Oh really? I got a nice/ugly 18 years old piece of V2. I got videos flying my wing suit main flap and both risers covers open.

I think your life worth more than $500-600 which can be used for buying any used H/C after year 2000......