jtval

Going into ghost mode

I'd call yourself a tunnel junkie.

It's a few steps before tunnel whore. :)

Ahh, I KNEW I liked you! :D But let's just say that I'm a junkie with a really bad habit. :) It's a bad sign when you need a rigger just so you have someone who can make a pocket in your suit to hold your iPod. Maybe one day, I'll graduate to reserve repacks. For now, though, he has made me a weight belt, been my Ouragan dealer, and created a special strap for me to put around my too-big student suit when I was learning HD. (Thank you, Hooknswoop! :)
So, jtval, let me just conclude this little hijack by saying that I'm a FRIENDLY tunnel junkie, so you'll be safe if you decide to venture up to the wind tunnel from time to time. Oh, and just for your general information, the tunnel is only about 45 minutes north of Colorado Springs on I-25 (if you live on the north end of town, anyway). I strongly suspect that some people with radar detectors make it faster than that! Just be sure to stay on psipike02's good side, as he works the front desk. ;)
TPM Sister #102

(Thank you, Hooknswoop! :)
So, jtval, let me just conclude this little hijack by saying that I'm a FRIENDLY tunnel junkie, so you'll be safe if you decide to venture up to the wind tunnel from time to time. Oh, and just for your general information, the tunnel is only about 45 minutes north of Colorado Springs on I-25 (if you live on the north end of town, anyway). I strongly suspect that some people with radar detectors make it faster than that! Just be sure to stay on psipike02's good side, as he works the front desk. ;)

I wasnt sure if Derek and Kat were still up there. I met them for 8 minutes once. They seem like cool folks.
I have a feeling the North side is where I'll be. I'd like to get in that tunnel and spike my skills.
As long as psipike is laid back we'll be cool. I'm usually easy to get along with.
My photos

My Videos

As long as psipike is laid back we'll be cool. I'm usually easy to get along with.

I just read that. It looks like I am accusing him of being high strung and that he'd have to be laid back to get along with me.:S:D
My photos

My Videos

LOL--Yes, Derek and Kelli are here and they fed me an amazing Thanksgiving dinner in addition to everything else. :)
Psipike02 is not really "laid back" but you'll get along just fine. You have to kind of work at it not to get along with him! Well, that, and the fact that he's huge so pretty much any dispute is automatically resolved in his favor! ;) He's high energy and enthusiastic but not not high-strung.

TPM Sister #102

LOL--Yes, Derek and Kelli are here and they fed me an amazing Thanksgiving dinner in addition to everything else. :)

Cool

He's high energy and enthusiastic but not not high-strung.

That's laid back enough for me.:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Geez, now I'm all excited that you're moving here and it's still about four months away! You're gonna have to hurry up.

Anyway, let's see . . . food in the Springs . . . . There are plenty of Mexican restaurants and there's a great little sushi place down there but it's one of those little strip mall places so if you like sushi, let me know and I'll find out where it was that we went. Carl, do you remember???? Of course, there's all the standard stuff as well, so you won't go hungry.

Anyway, there's also a John Holly's next to the tunnel and it's fantastic, too. I don't know as much up by the dz, but they have Chili's, Wahoo's, Starbucks, Wendys and a Bear Rock Cafe, so you won't starve there, either. We'll have to have the people who know Longmont show us both around.

I don't know everyone in manifest up there, but Shannon will be working again this summer, I think, and she's great. We can introduce you to her because she'll be jumping and it's always good to know people like Shannon. ;) Do you prefer RW or free flying? We'll also find some people for you to jump with so you're not too bored. I obviously won't be jumping with you but there are plenty of people around who can.

Okay, I might have moved from "welcoming" into "creepy," so I'll shut up. Don't worry about the move, though. Colorado is a great place and you won't have any trouble settling in.

TPM Sister #102

Geez, now I'm all excited that you're moving here and it's still about four months away! You're gonna have to hurry up.

Anyway, let's see . . . food in the Springs . . . . There are plenty of Mexican restaurants and there's a great little sushi place down there but it's one of those little strip mall places so if you like sushi, let me know and I'll find out where it was that we went. Carl, do you remember???? Of course, there's all the standard stuff as well, so you won't go hungry.

Anyway, there's also a John Holly's next to the tunnel and it's fantastic, too. I don't know as much up by the dz, but they have Chili's, Wahoo's, Starbucks, Wendys and a Bear Rock Cafe, so you won't starve there, either. We'll have to have the people who know Longmont show us both around.

I don't know everyone in manifest up there, but Shannon will be working again this summer, I think, and she's great. We can introduce you to her because she'll be jumping and it's always good to know people like Shannon. ;) Do you prefer RW or free flying? We'll also find some people for you to jump with so you're not too bored. I obviously won't be jumping with you but there are plenty of people around who can.

Okay, I might have moved from "welcoming" into "creepy," so I'll shut up. Don't worry about the move, though. Colorado is a great place and you won't have any trouble settling in.

LOL. no worries.
Why won't you be jumping? I see you have a few jumps.
I would probably be more into Freeflying as My job would be more geared towards bellyflying. So, I'd be able to get my belly flying fix at work and I'll get my FF fix at the dz.
Although, I just really ENJOY SKYDIVING so what ever is going on I'm ok with. I like to mix it up.

SUSHI? um, I'll let you guess if I like it.:ph34r:

Well, I am as excited to go to colorado as I am saddened to leave Vegas.
To be honest, it was getting close to being forced to move anyway. the military probably would have put me back in Korea. So, I am thrilled that Co the new place and the fact that I got a skydive slot, is amazing!:D

See you in a few months
My photos

My Videos

Why won't you be jumping? I see you have a few jumps.
I would probably be more into Freeflying as My job would be more geared towards bellyflying. So, I'd be able to get my belly flying fix at work and I'll get my FF fix at the dz.
Although, I just really ENJOY SKYDIVING so what ever is going on I'm ok with. I like to mix it up.

SUSHI? um, I'll let you guess if I like it.:ph34r:

Well, I am as excited to go to colorado as I am saddened to leave Vegas.
To be honest, it was getting close to being forced to move anyway. the military probably would have put me back in Korea. So, I am thrilled that Co the new place and the fact that I got a skydive slot, is amazing!:D

See you in a few months

Oh, I'm thinking we won't be jumping together just because I have FOUR jumps (woohooo!) and have not completed AFF, whereas you have your D license . . . . Even if I had my A license by the time you got here, you could jump circles around me. :P I think I'll be okay in free fall but landing . . . not so pretty! (I have an instructor who politely pointed out that I just need more landings to make them better. I stood up the first one; just need to duplicate THAT!)

Okay, we'll nail down the sushi for you! Guess you might tolerate it. . . . :)
Start packing!
TPM Sister #102

Well, If I HAVE to eat sushi I guess I can choke it down.

Fly circles around you? Let me have you read this:

Damn I cant find the post.

Years ago I met Chilerelleno at SD atlanta I had less than 100 jumps.

He jumped with me and just held a base and Let me dock on him. front, right side, legs, left side, front.

He didnt even know me.
but that jump did a lot for me and I have no problems doing the same for others.
the whole point of skydiving is to have fun. If that is your level I'll still jump with you.

(I may not jump 100 times in a row like that , but I'll still jump with you!)
My photos

My Videos

Psipike02 is not really "laid back" but you'll get along just fine. You have to kind of work at it not to get along with him! Well, that, and the fact that he's huge so pretty much any dispute is automatically resolved in his favor! ;) He's high energy and enthusiastic but not not high-strung.

Hey!! I am too laid back....it just depends on what your definition of laid back is and what the situation is...lol...and i'm not that big :P

Hmmm the sushi place that you me burge and laura went to? I could ask him, we were talking about it the other day. I dont really think it had a name, I just remember it was next to an Amish Furniture Store and to that weird cult store where there was a triangle on the wall with an eye and people sitting around the table with no emotion.

Ha

Definitely not high strung....borderline crazy probably though. I get pretty excited about stuff and just overall, so high energy and enthusiastic is a perfect way of describing it :)
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Well, If I HAVE to eat sushi I guess I can choke it down.

Fly circles around you? Let me have you read this:

Damn I cant find the post.

Years ago I met Chilerelleno at SD atlanta I had less than 100 jumps.

He jumped with me and just held a base and Let me dock on him. front, right side, legs, left side, front.

He didnt even know me.
but that jump did a lot for me and I have no problems doing the same for others.
the whole point of skydiving is to have fun. If that is your level I'll still jump with you.

(I may not jump 100 times in a row like that , but I'll still jump with you!)

LOL--Excellent! I can do okay in the tunnel but the sky is different and where I really need help is under canopy. I'll get there! And thanks for being willing to pass on the favor.
TPM Sister #102

Hey!! I am too laid back....it just depends on what your definition of laid back is and what the situation is...lol...and i'm not that big :P

Hmmm the sushi place that you me burge and laura went to? I could ask him, we were talking about it the other day. I dont really think it had a name, I just remember it was next to an Amish Furniture Store and to that weird cult store where there was a triangle on the wall with an eye and people sitting around the table with no emotion.

1. You are friggin' HUGE (not that you can tell by your SVCO pic--which, by the way, I think you should make into your avatar).
2. THAT'S THE PLACE! Good stuff.
TPM Sister #102