Richards

Vargas vs Mayorga

Anyone got a prediction on this? I have not been following the sport for awhile but I am curious. Not a big mayorga fan but I like Vargas. Both have had upsets but while I feel vargas has better skills, mayorga is more psychologically sound. The guy can loose a hundred fights in a row without it affecting his confidence whereas vargas has not looked the same since his de la hoya and trinidad fights. Really hoping for vargas but skeptical. Any opinions?
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I like both fighters. Both are a little short on skills but Long on Heart. But when it comes down to it, Vargas should pull it off. He has better skills and should have no problems taking Mayorga out if he is over his anemia.

I met Vargas a few times when my brother was still boxing. Arrogant and cocky as he comes across on TV, He actually was usually a likeable guy in person.

Cool you met Vargas, I golfed once in a Pro Am with Delohoya, he is a camera hog for sure but no denying his skills. I follow this sport and have for years, Grew up in Detroit and trained and fought as an amatuer for Kronk, not long and definitely was not good enough to take it any further.
I agree that Vargas probably is the better fighter and will win with his skills, if he does not get caught with the big one from Mayorga. Vargas does not have a great chin. At least it will be a very entertaining fight.
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Grew up in Detroit and trained and fought as an amatuer for Kronk,

Met the Hit Man I presume? Good guy or bad guy?

Anyway, that is my take on it. Vargas is more skilled but maybe weaker chin. What about his psychological strenth?
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

ahem....didnt wanna say it but umm...I told ya so. Vargas looked way outta shape and his rust showed. I knew he would lose. Usaully you have to punch to win a fight, he just got out worked. I agree though the citron fight against filiciono that filiciona is someone I wanna see again, that guy had hardly any power and limited technique but the Heart and ambition he was literally a rocky balboa, I have never seen someone take that punishment and literally run after his opponent all night, and keep thowing.
"Before we waste time talking and getting to know each other, let's just have sex once and see if we're compatible"

Yeah Met Tommy, I own a small heat/cool company and we put a furnace a/c for him. He's not a bad guy. My dad runs a inner city gym in S.W.Detroit, i love going to tto the amatuer bouts around time.
Both Fighters are just plain crazy, But the edge goes to Mayorga.
What about Mayweather VS Hatton, I dont think Hatton has a chance in hell, Not enough speed.

ahem....didnt wanna say it but umm...I told ya so. Vargas looked way outta shape and his rust showed. I knew he would lose. Usaully you have to punch to win a fight, he just got out worked. I agree though the citron fight against filiciono that filiciona is someone I wanna see again, that guy had hardly any power and limited technique but the Heart and ambition he was literally a rocky balboa, I have never seen someone take that punishment and literally run after his opponent all night, and keep thowing.

Be careful, your posts are gettinmg more than your jumps tricky terrain
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

What about Mayweather VS Hatton, I dont think Hatton has a chance in hell, Not enough speed.

Sadly you are right. I don't like Mayweather and would love to see him humbled but Hatton is not going to do it.

There are some pretty decent fights coming up in the next couple of months. Felix Trinidad should be decent, I never liked him and hope he winds up on his ass. Mayweather is from Grand Rapids Michigan, not to far frrom Detroit, Alot of people here pull for him. He has come to see his former home gym fight at some of the amatuer fights, Never spoke to him but watched as he made an ass of himself. If you ever get a chance you should get to the golden gloves competitions near you.

Hatton can be entertaining to watch but not even in the same league as Mayweather. His only chance is land a lucky Punch and mayweather is not an easy person to catch.

RJJ vs Trinindad is a joke. Both fighters waaaaaay past thier primes. Trinidad was possibly the best fighter of his era but that has been over for several years. RJJ is the most OVER-Rated fighter in history in my opinion. I hope to see RJJ on ass once again in this fight.

If you ever get a chance you should get to the golden gloves competitions near you.

I should try some time, but the big problem is time. I haven't even had time to jump since several years back (I will get back in). I did get down to San Antonio Texas to see Chavez vs Whittaker back in the early 90's.

Hatton can be entertaining to watch but not even in the same league as Mayweather. His only chance is land a lucky Punch and mayweather is not an easy person to catch.

Pretty much

RJJ is the most OVER-Rated fighter in history in my opinion. I hope to see RJJ on ass once again in this fight.

I felt that RJJ was incredibly gifted and this caused him to not focus in proper technique as much. He was just naturall faster than most of his opponents. The problem which I predicted (and which came true) was that when his gifts stared to wear off, he would have no real technique since he did everything wrong (and got away with it) and that his fall from grace would be more rapid than with other fighters. He had also never faced real adversity so when he couldn't rely on natural gifts, and his lack of technique left him on the ropes he would not have the heart to perservere.

I think you might be underestimating Hatton a bit. Mayweather hasn't had a fight in 3 years and when you compare their common opponent in Castillo Hatten KO'd him with a body punch, the only man to put him on the canvas. Tony Pep is another common opponent, Hatten again got a TKO in the 4th where as Mayweather took it to the distance.

I definately give the edge to Mayweather in big name fights and having bigger fights but I believe we could possibly see an upset here and Hatton winning this one due to Mayweathers inactivity and possibly overconfidence of Mayweather. Either way this should be a good matchup between two great fighters.

MAN< i am jealuos, I loved J. C. Chavez, he fought everybody, and ducked no one, If he just had better representation he may have not had to keep fighting so long and leave the ring with such disgrace. Don King is the worst thing to happen to boxing ever, He chewed JC up and then spit him out.
But in his prime i dont think there was anybody even close to him. His son is not even close to the same. Julio was like a god in our nieghborhood. I remember we sat in a nieghborhood resteraunt (Mexican of course) and the place just went crazy when he knocked out Meldrick Taylor to keep his title in the last round. I would have loved to see him in his prime. I have been to two big name fights, Tyson vs Bone crusher, and Delahoya vs Ike Quarte. Man Julio was bad ass back in the day!