turtlespeed

WTF is going on with the USPA?

Have they become corrupt?

The more I think about the the little parody that was posted the other day, and the response that it received, the more I have to consider that the organization that is supposed to protect us, is being corrupted.

looking back into the history of the things that the USPA has accomplished and the efforts that the USPA has put forth in the past, it leads one to wonder WHY the latest decisions have been made. One could conclude that it was owners of dropzones that accept certificates from Skyride that ultimately betrayed us.

It has always been my understanding that the USPA was developed to stand behind skydivers; to be their voice and their helping hand. To support us and our wants and beliefs. To stand up for us when we as a group, and as skydivers, feel that there is injustice being committed. It is supposed to be the USPA that represents our majority.

I understand that times change - but that doesn't mean that the most basic principals of honor and morality should be thrown to the wayside.

How does an organization, like the USPA, get away with threatening us? Bully Tactics have never worked for long.

Why are we not doing something about this?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

get away with threatening us?

... what's this? I've missed something!!

The USPA sent a message to the original poster of the parody through their lawyers.
As I read it, it was a threatening decease and desist letter threatening to report him to (I can't remember)

I'm not sure if it's authenticity, but I believe it was genuine.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

The USPA sent a message to the original poster of the parody through their lawyers.
As I read it, it was a threatening decease and desist letter threatening to report him to (I can't remember)

Did Jay get another death threat via PM?? :o
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

It wasn't J.

It wasn't J.
John Rich??
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

It wasn't J.
John Rich??

Nope. The original thread was deleted, so if the OP wants to they can reply.

That thread you are talking about was deleted because the original author clipped the major portion of the initial statement.

The moderator probably felt they were assisting in courteous compliance with the author, considering the fact that the original post was deleted by them (OP) already, though it was in fact re-quoted twice and magnificently parodied by another witty and creative poster (turtlespeed).

Perhaps we should wait and see what statement and explanation appears from USPA before deciding their worth, in spite of what we may have figured out already in our conspiracy-laden craniums, and go from there.

I myself have little confidence in being happy with the outcome of this situation because my instincts are good - really good - but we shall see.
Roll Tide Roll

Memberships, memberships. PADI, AOPA, EAA, USPA, just to name a few for myself. $39.00 here, $49.00 there. Even got the sticker, the hat, and the cheap bags to prove it.

So what does my membership mean in USPA? The third-party liability insurance?

Do I plan to visit that museum any time soon?

The DZOs I know personally (all non-GC-taking) would never have an "airport access" issue that USPA's lawyers would have to tackle, but maybe I'm just a fortunate and unique case (my therapist thinks so).

Got my USPA renewal card today - I'm bona-fide.
Roll Tide Roll

a threatening decease and desist

I think you mean "cease and desist."
I'm fairly sure that if you decease, you automatically desist.

Yeah - however you want to read it . . .lol

WTF is going on the the USPA?

They've lost their focus
They've lost their purpose
And they for damn certain have lost their sense of humor.

It does seem "interesting" that a controlling member accepts payment and does business with a company that named them in a lawsuit.

I know that some municipalities have forms that are required to be filled out before you can work for them or do business with them. Isn't the Conflict of Interest here ever questioned?

"Results 1 - 10 of about 2,400 for "uspa sucks" group:rec.skydiving"

The results page covers the period from 1996 through 2002. You will find a wealth of opinion--pro and con--on the doings of the BOD and the employees at headquarters.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

It's time to fire everyone up at HQ and the full BOD even all the RD's and start over with only fun jumpers sitting in the seats. Yes there are some good people on the BOD right now, but it time to clean house, the whole house and not just one room!

it should required that as a BOD member or employee of HQ that you make no money what so ever in or from skydiving while on the BOD or working @ HQ.

There needs to be term limits in place of 4 years max, the days of the likes of some holding office for 14 years or longer needs to end. I hope you all remember how fucked up the current USPA is at voting time and vote in some new blood and not another round of DZO's.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I SO feel out of the loop here... Can someone bring me up to speed please?

Just because I'm not an active jumper yet doesn't negate the fact that I care about what goes on - I very much do. I don't know why I made it a point to say that, but...

Thanks.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Nope. The original thread was deleted, so if the OP wants to they can reply.

I know the OP pretty well. I added an avatar to my profile. Now y'all know what I look like.

OH - Hi.:)

That would require two things 1) people to run and 2) people to vote. Most fun jumpers are all talk when it comes to both of those things.

And vague posts like this one aren't helping me (or any other members) to understand precisely why we're all supposed to hate the USPA right now. Obviously, the Skyride decision is worthy of getting pissed off about (but then again, last I checked, there has been NO official announcement of any decision by the USPA, just a lot of rumors floating around), but turtle and others are alluding to something else that's obviously not clear to those of us who haven't followed every thread or been in the loop on who's threatening who... plus other posts that allude to the same issue but don't come out and say anything.

Stand up, make your point ... vague "blah blah blah corruption blah blah blah threats" isn't helping.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke