angryelf

looking at buying a cypres...

I'm considering buying a Cypres that needs it's four year. It supposedly has one fire and I know very little about the device. Haven't jumped one since I've had my own gear but had a low pull this weekend after loss of altitude awareness in a two way freefly. I plan on avoiding that in the future but intend to have a back up plan. How much will it cost me to get a four year and are there any big considerations with the device allready having had a fire?
"Sometimes you eat the bar,
and well-sometimes the bar eats you..."

I'm considering buying a Cypres that needs it's four year. It supposedly has one fire and I know very little about the device. Haven't jumped one since I've had my own gear but had a low pull this weekend after loss of altitude awareness in a two way freefly. I plan on avoiding that in the future but intend to have a back up plan. How much will it cost me to get a four year and are there any big considerations with the device allready having had a fire?

It's around 265$ for the four-year and battery. If there are any issues with it due to the fire, I'm sure that airtec will find them in the 4-year check.

How much will it cost me to get a four year and are there any big considerations with the device already having had a fire?

shipping + insurance + $160 + shipping+ insurance + installation. Figure $190 - $200. Batteries are extra, another $85 - $90. See http://www.cypres-usa.com.

if it has fired, that's good. You know the circuitry works.

If it has fired and you need to replace the cutter, that's not so good. Another $100 or so.

Mark

Go to this link. Enter the dates, change the maintenance to include shipping and insurance both ways. $75 is what SSK charges for batteries put in at service. Many riggers charge more. For new price for an original Cypres I use $950. This is debatable. They went for as high as $1250 and as low as $850. $950 is about what they were going for when they were discontinued.

Buying a cypres that needs it 4 year is fine. You'll get one back freshly checked and you'll know it was handled after the check. Just use the value calculator to find a fair price.

http://www.cypres-usa.com/usedcypres.asp
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE