Flying_Penguin

Made in Honduras

Maybe you are upset because you weren't able to pick up the canopy at that time?

Were you "spooked" by all of the unmanned sewing machines and inspection tables and that's why you didn't get back with me? ;)

We invite you to come by for a tour of our facilities. We offer them at 3pm any working day and I assure you, you will get to experience the deafening roar of sewing machines, workers talking and laughing, and many other canopy producing "sound effects." ;)

I'll send you a pm Kim. I am out of state in New York City, the reason for my trip up here has not been my own.

I love my PD Sabre2!! ;)

I wasn't concerned in the least, or upset, as I mentioned or may have failed to, it appeared that it was late in the day (4:30' or so) when I did arrive. It also appeared that the cleaning staff was in full swing cleaning all the work areas. I spent far to much time in the sun at Deland that afternoon jumping but with the limited time I had I did want to visit the PD factory and get my PD t-shirt.:ph34r: I was on my way to Z-Hills when I stopped in.

I've sent my PM to Kim. Kim it was my pleasure to meet you then. Dads very sick. I'm here. I'm not upset or spooked about anything. When I get the chance I'll take you up on the offer of the tour. I had a great time when I was there and I look forward to the tour in the future.

Kim,

I request you no longer, ever!!!! reply to any message I ever write, or comment on as a representative for Performance Design.

I have been quite pleased with my purchase with PD.

Your poor reflection, your speculation, your personal taunts via pm, your personal viewpoints do not come close close to the kind words I've ever had to say about PD to anyone who has ever asked, nor do they equate to the $ two thousand five hundred dollars American I spent with PD for both a main and reserve canopy. I could have gone with Aerodyne which was what I was personally leaning towards at the time of my purchase. Your pissy words via PM as to being a thread killer rank me late at night.

The last post in this thread was my kind words towards PD which ended the thread. Not your smarmy taunts via PM. You are a poor representation for PD in such a public forum, your comments both publicly and privately belay the goodwill I've always felt towards your employer, Performance Design. Only your actions have proven this thru this thread or PM to me. I strongly regret having to say this. It's not a weak personal attack as you have made the claim via PM about me personally. You wished to equate my comments as a personal attack upon you or PD. I stated fact. PD canopies are made in Honduras, at 4:30pm in the afternoon, a weekday, the day I was there, PD was a ghost-town closing down, everyone wished to leave PD including you when i called you from the restaurant at Skydive Deland.

Get a grip, next time do not attack your (which are not personally yours, but Performance Designs) paying customers in such a manner in a public forum or via PM. As I mentioned personally, "I" was unable to fulfill my request for a demo reserve PDR193 because my father is dying of cancer in NYC. Yes "I" and not PD. Understand me once again "I" was unable to fulfill my request for a PDR193.... not PD. Do not try to shame me over a petty matter. I had to travel to NYC to be with him during the surgeries at LIJ and the following recovery. Had I know that at the time. I would have never, quite frankly ever in retrospect contacted you (or PD) in the first place. My monies were better spent elsewhere. I've spent enough with PD. I will not spend a single dollar with PD based upon your comments in the future.

Lecture whoever you may please but do not lecture me now or in the future, ever.

Since you have the internal PD numbers and percentages, what is the percentage of canopies produced in PD south America versus PD north America for the calender year 04 & 05 for the US market. I'll will argue that issue with you once I have the facts, yearly reports & production schedules... never-mind, I do not care, I have been quite pleased with the PD products I've purchased. As I stated, your tone ranks me personally, I am not a child. I do not know who you think you are talking to. Leave me alone, quite frankly forever! Take you little sheep avatar in heels and garters and run off. I wish to never see you or a comment from you again. The only comments I wish to see will on PD letterhead documents.

For your information I support development in Honduras or South America for that matter. I have been pleased with the PD products I have purchased. I would buy them again in the future... subject to never seeing or hearing a word from you or reading a PM you've sent me on dropzone.com, the international forum you've claimed it to be.... cheers!! ;)

Sincerely,

JeepDiver
Thomas J. Swierski

I went on a tour of PD a couple of years ago. It was most impressive --- second only to the 1 hour personal talk we had from Bill Booth while a buddy was picking up a Pilot Chute. Having said this, manufacturing in US and Canada for certain items is going to die - it is a natural development. I predict in 10 years PD will make all products in Honduras and zero in Deland.

rm

My Precision Aerodynamics Nitron was made in the USA.

Yes, your Precision Nitron was made in the USA, using pirated intellectual property that they do not have permission to use. The Nitron is an unlicensed copy of another canopy."
Precision also has a great reputation in making a great RESERVE. That stitching on the dash-m is second to none;)
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I think i said it. If you didn't hear about the problems the dash -m had then i am sorry.. 2 people were seriously injured due to single stitching. One case ended up in court. As for the Nitron. It is a copy of the Nitro. Precision no longer has rights to make the nitron but still do. George doesn't give a shit. He has so many law suits going on right now. What does he care..But you already knew that. Maybe we could talk about the HMA lines precision tried putting on their canopies also. They couldn't quite copy that one from Nitro

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I think i said it. If you didn't hear about the problems the dash -m had then i am sorry.. 2 people were seriously injured due to single stitching.

That is false. It was not the bartack that failed. Do a search for "Raven SB", find the active link to the service bulletin, and read it.

The affectted ravens used type III tape for the attachment loop to the canopy. Everyone else uses type V. It was the tape that failed not the bartack.
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I think i said it. If you didn't hear about the problems the dash -m had then i am sorry.. 2 people were seriously injured due to single stitching.

No you started a rumor. Two people were injured because they used their reserves outside of design limitations.

That's the fact.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

That is false. It was not the bartack that failed. Do a search for "Raven SB", find the active link to the service bulletin, and read it.

The affectted ravens used type III tape for the attachment loop to the canopy. Everyone else uses type V. It was the tape that failed not the bartack.

I have moved my comments about this to the following thread about the Dash-M service bulletin:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2215797#2215797

That stitching on the dash-m is second to none

Your first post appeared to be innuendo the way I read it.

About your reply, yes, I have heard about SB-1221. But I have also kept up todate on the situation as I think you should before making such statements.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I am not that up to date as you said. But as you can see by beezys post. Facts are there. I am not a rigger but if you want to argue the point with beezy!
As for my comments "using pirated intellectual property that they do not have permission to use. The Nitron is an unlicensed copy of another canopy"
You want to discuss that one. I am interested to hear your comments regarding this matter

But as you can see by beezys post. Facts are there.

And in my opinion Beezy post is correct for the mort part. The one I had a chance to inspect was out of the envelope both as to speed and weight. You inferred that it was a stitching problem which is more than likely wasn't.

My point was if you do not know, don't post, it just encourages rumor misinformation.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I don't think skinnyshrek was intending to "explain" the problem with the dash-m by using the term "stitching", rather he was using that term as a generalization that for whatever reason that model of reserve canopy has its problems. I think the term was just a simple way to say the canopy wasn't built with the ability to withstand extremely hard openings.

As to my post(s), you mentioned that for "the most part" you agree with my statement(s). If you have some point you'd like to discuss or that you don't necessarily agree with, I'd like you to share that with me. Let's do, however, take the discussion back to the thread about the dash-m so these folks can talk about (or just read about) PD's Honduras production.
:D :D :D