lidka6

Bonehead Mindwarp vs Z1 Evo

Hi! I'm going to be buying my very first helmet and I'm almost totally set on the mindwarp but then i saw the z1 evo....any contest? what are your opinions?

Forget price and looks. The best helmet for you is the one that fits best. Heads are not all shaped alike, and for this reason, neither are helmets.

For Great Deals on Gear

If I were you I would get one that is idiot proof, ie you wont be able to put it on backwards:ph34r:

But seriously fit and audible internal or external pockets are things to consider. Maybe you should take a look around your local dropzone and see and try on what people have there, has anyone ever mentioned that to you? >:( I am a fan of the aviator and ff2 for camera. Does the evo have regular audible pockets?

Q. Why do birds sing?
A. Because they dont have to pack when they land

In the UK you can only wear a frap-hat after 200 jumps I think (excepting tandem students who must wear a frap-hat). They look kinda old skool, I think they look good if the bumpy bits match the colour of your suits grips. Don't reckon they offer much protection though. In the UK I guess it's a very quick way to recognise someones experience level whilst sitting on the plane.

I tried on a Z1 Evo, but I guess I have a funny shaped head 'cos it didn't fit too good (massive brain obviously). :-) Also, I think the design of the external audible pocket is biased for Parasports own products (understandably). Of course I'm sure any audible will fit.

I've opted for a Mindwarp 'Pimp Daddy'. More expensive, but you can get the correct sized shell and then bake in a good fit in the oven from what I'm lead to believe. So, when it arrives I'll find out. :-)

Basically, I was trying to choose between the same two helmets for my first buy too. I went with the Mindwarp. Another pro for the Mindwarp is that at a later stage you can mount a camera to it with little fuss, so it's kinda like a long term investment too.

G. :-)

I bought my first new helmet after trying a few on and bought the Z1 evo and really happy with it, it cuts down on the noise and has two internal auidable pockets. Try them on first if you can because the evo is sized alittle smaller than the pimp daddy.
STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH!!!! LATER
SKYBOMB

The only thing that i've heard that may be a bit of a problem w/ the mindwarp is that i have a wee head (21.5"). Would the liner still be able to be baked to accomodate?

Yes, they all fit better after the liner is baked.

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Can't say one way or the other about the Evo, but I like my Mindwarp a lot. I've got a XL size head and it fits just great, though I've never tried to bake it. Nice and quiet and I have no problem fitting an audible in one of the pockets in the padding. Mine isn't the latest model, I think the new ones look a little more stylin', but I think mine is the best helmet I've ever worn. If I decide to get a full face visor type, Bonehead's going to get my first look in that department as well.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I have a very skinny head and have a hard time finding any helmet that fits.

That being said, I just got a Z1 Evo this week and it fits great.

I put a chincup on it and mounted my (also brand new) Sony DCR HC-42 on the side. The camera doesn't fit very well into the Parasport Italia camera bracket. The on/off switch rests on one of the mounting bolts causing the camera to be a little cockeyed, but add a little plate to the bottom and I will be good to go this weekend.

Just have to get my first camera jump beer.;)

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I have a bonehead mindwarp in size large. I've been very happy with mine. It fits my head perfectly right out of the box. I didn't need to bake it either.

I was at Square3 and finally got to try on a bonehead mamba. it was also a size large and it was too small for my head. I'm glad I didn't just order a large mamba and then receive it only to have it not fit. I could barely get the chin section of the helmet over my chin.