billeisele

EBay stress

i rarely use EBAY but found something I wanted, won the bid, no one else bid, amen, i didn't need the stress

what I hate is you can get out bid at the last second, you have to keep refreshing to see the current bids while your stress level rises

another auction site that I use will reset the clock and add time if a bid comes in during the last minute, this way the seller always gets the highest price and each bidder has a chance to increase their bid, some sneaky person with a high speed computer or some other electronic trick can't swoop in and steal the product

http://www.liquidation.com/index.html

my 16-year old son found this site and asked me to back him to purchase 600 lock blade knives, I figured it would be a good lesson for him - marketing, merchandising, pricing, etc.

he finally got them for about $3.60 each, he paid me off within 2 weeks and made over $4,000 selling them - uh, can you say "new rig"
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

So did he buy the blades off the site and resell them on the same site or on ebay? Bulk or individual?

he wanted to buy 1,000 power tools but I knew he didn't have a place to sell them

he sold some on EBAY but mostly to friends, at summer camps and through referrals
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Wow.. Your son Rocks.. Is he planning to skydive sometime??

both kids have been in the Orlando tunnel, they are old enough to jump and mention tandems occasionally

what I hate is you can get out bid at the last second, you have to keep refreshing to see the current bids while your stress level rises

http://www.auctionsniper.com/

well ain't dis da shit, no wonder us common folk can't win, another reason why BBay should change how their system works

well ain't dis da shit, no wonder us common folk can't win, another reason why BBay should change how their system works

I hope they don't. I use snipe software all the time. Helps me beat those "common folk.":P

I hope they don't. I use snipe software all the time. Helps me beat those "common folk.":P

if you bid enough this probably makes sense, for the ocasional user it seems like cheating

I s'pose. IMO, it's just a tool. Maybe not a tool everyone is aware of, even though snipe software has been around for at least 10 years. It's not my fault that someone isn't aware of the tool. But it's still just a tool.
I don't see any moral or ethical problem with having a computer bid for you as opposed to a person bidding. There always is the risk that someone else' snipe software is faster/better/higher value than yours. I've lost on snipe-software assisted bids as well.
Is it cheating to know you can use a pull-up cord to remove a broken stoe band vs scissors?

note that I said it "seems" like cheating, not that it was cheating - lol

no problem, yes it is a tool, and now that i'm edumacated I will have to use that so called "tool"

but the other site's method is more like a real auction, kinda fun watching the bids rise as emotion takes over, I've seen some bids go 20-30 minutes past the offical close time as folks fight it out