HUSHPUPPY

Any musicians out there!

My boyfriend has just recently started playing around the area bars... I know I'm bias... but he's really good! :)
Julie don’t jump
You’re far too young
You gotta lotta nice things to live for
Save them skies for them birds and bees
Stay down here on this earth with me
Cuz you don’t need no reserve you see
If you stick to stayin on your feet
So Julie don’t jump Julie don’t jump

You got your pack
Strapped to your back
but you giving your parents a heart attack
And it’s a fact
That it’s hard to relax when
Nobody knows if you are coming back
So stay down here with me
Let them blue skies be
Use them able feet
Find a new hobby

Julie, Julie, Julie, Julie
Julie don’t Jump
Julie don’t Jump

Well I’m just trying to be realistic
I don’t want you to become a statistic
I’m just sitting and using logistics
Thinking that you should just quit this
Cuz here there’s no need to cutaway
When your only malfunction is a rainy day
So baby save that pretty face and
Go and play in a safer place

He's added to it since then, but I have to admit... everytime he plays that song and gives the disclaimer "this song is about my girlfriend skydiving... not committing suicide" I have to laugh :$:P

http://myspace.com/nicholaswright1

Into the great wide open/ under them skies of blue/ out in the great wide open/ a rebel w/out a clue.....

I play guitar, I love playing metal, but my own songs are never heavy just don’t come out that way.
Played in a band when I was much younger and was never able to find the same chemistry. I am more then excited as our final member will be in the US hopefully within the next 6 months.:)
Music is life

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I play guitar.

Actually I've been calling music stores for 30 minutes now trying to find one with some decent left handed electric acoustics but to no avail yet>:(

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm playing lead alto saw in our college jazz band.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pat, I'm curious. You play the saw?

No, I play alto sax. My fingers just have a mind of their own sometimes. >:(B|
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

I started with drums but played bass guitar in a local progressive rock band, through most of the '70s & early '80s. I've been on six or twelves, for the last 20 years or so but I don't do bands anymore. I still miss runnin' on the ol' Rickenbacker....bass is fun! :)

"T'was ever thus."

Well, I don't play in a band...but I am a musician. Primary instrument is percussion, but I'm a bit of a freak. I don't like to play drumset. I played enough to pass my performance competencies and that was enough for me. I like hand-drums better.

It was fun, then it was work. When it became work, I quit.

Amen. :| Sooner or later, ya' start gettin' those gigs, when you really don't feel like playin'....then ya' have to force yourself to practice....then you start leavin' it in the case, between gigs....then you're on stage, thinkin' about all the other things you'd rather be doin'......:( I guess that explains why in the beginning, we called 'em "gigs" but after a few years, we started sayin' "jobs". [:/]
"T'was ever thus."

Well, I don't play in a band...but I am a musician. Primary instrument is percussion, but I'm a bit of a freak. I don't like to play drumset. I played enough to pass my performance competencies and that was enough for me. I like hand-drums better.

I've seen some of the all-time great drummers but I gotta' say, the most impressive drum solo I ever saw, was on The Lucy Show....it was back in the early '70s. Desi Arnaz Jr., Lucy's son and who (as I understand it) studied drums under Buddy Rich....did a drum (well, percussion) solo on nothing but pots, pans, the cupboards, oven, etc.....it was sweet! B|
"T'was ever thus."

Yep. I played guitar in a couple of bands. Eventually got so sick of it that I played my last gig and put my guitars back in their cases where they stayed for about 7 years. I'm playing again now but never again in a band.

Been playing guitar for 31 years. Used to play alone or jam with friends in my younger years. In the late 1970's I'd get home from my graveyard shift as my friends & family were going to work/school. Stayed home alone, party, and play for several hours a day...

In recent years I've played guitar & bass with the church band, as well as operated the sound board. When I was younger I wanted to play in a band and tour bars & nightclubs, but by the time I was good enough I'd lost my desire to do this. Perhaps as a once-in-a-while thing, but not as a lifestyle. Playing in church is fun, but I never dreamed I'd one day be on stage in front of several hundred people and nobody's drunk.

One morning one of the singers said "Jon, you're wailing on that guitar. How'd you get so good?" I replied "Drugs."

Cheers,
Jon

You know, many people have laughed at me for saying this, but I think for a person to really understand how to really Play, drugs are what makes the connection, not just practice and pro-gear. [:/];):)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

***We need a BASS player!

Why would you want to play a fish? :P

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I play bass....a few years ago I dated a German girl for a month or so and she always called it a bass...........In a thick German accent....Are you going to play your bass today??????:D:D:D:D

I just quit a metal band that was very 80's Judas Priest. I hated it, but they loved it!

The guitar player had a Carvin, and that was one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen. Even better than most I have seen out of Fenders custom shop. If you are looking for a new guitar, check out Carvin!;)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Yep. I played guitar in a couple of bands. Eventually got so sick of it that I played my last gig and put my guitars back in their cases where they stayed for about 7 years. I'm playing again now but never again in a band.

That's one of the reasons that I really admire Streaker. He was one hell of a trumpet player and in great demand. We got married on the ONLY day he didn't have a gig that year. Then he smashed his mouth, got a bunch of stitches in both lips, lost a couple of teeth, and had to have caps. Not a good thing for a guy who makes a living with his mouth. He started playing guitar, and was playing it in the band a couple of weeks into his lessons. But people kept calling for bass players, so he said what the heck and has been playing bass ever since. Went from big horn band, wedding crap to dirty rock and roll and never missed a beat. I'm not that versatile, dedicated or inspired.
The only thing he can't play is a harmonica. No shit. I don't get it.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

The only thing he can't play is a harmonica. No shit. I don't get it.

Tell him to eat loads of beans, shove the harp up his ass and fart the national anthem.:P

He'll rock. Smelly rock, but rock none the less.

I hate people like that cos it takes me years to suck at anything:|

I play guitar.

Actually I've been calling music stores for 30 minutes now trying to find one with some decent left handed electric acoustics but to no avail yet>:(

Check out any of these online, they have decent selections.

musiciansfriend.com
guitarcenter.com
activemusician.com
music123.com
musiciansbuy.com
samedaymusic.com
"T'was ever thus."

In Reply To
I'm playing lead alto saw in our college jazz band.
Pat, I'm curious. You play the saw?

No, I play alto sax. My fingers just have a mind of their own sometimes. >:(B|

Ha! That's what I suspected. But I looked up musical saws (yeah, I was having a slow day) and apparently people do use different sizes so there are 'bass' saws and, I guess, 'alto' saws. So I thought maybe, just maybe... :D

Alto sax is very cool - but alto saw - well, that would have been interesting...