CanuckInUSA

Happy 25th Birthday TCP/IP

Happy (belated by one day) 25th Birthday TCP/IP. For those of you who don't know what TCP/IP is, it is the networking protocol computers use to communicate with each other on the internet. So do you TCP? UDP? Both? or ... WTF are you talking about? LOL

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Damn I have a hard time remembering family b-days, how the hell do you remember this one? :o

Most people dont know which they are using and when they switch from one to another ;) They could be going both ways UDP and TCP depending on the application and which it chooses to communicate with. :ph34r:

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

The vast majority of the communications are done in TCP because the delivery of the packets are guaranteed in TCP whereas they are not in UDP. But UDP is handy when huge volumes of information needs to be sent and when it is not a big deal if packet loss can easily be tolerated because even if you lose a packet of information, another one is coming right behind it. An example of UDP would be certain online gaming communications and/or a stock ticker (not to be confused with stock trading). So yes depending on the application, we do both TCP and UDP. But most of the time it is TCP. ;)

Oh and I saw something on the boob-tube about TCP/IP's 25th birthday. :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Oh My god! I was doing TCP/IP things yesterday and today as well! I'm such a scatter brain and forgot to say anything

TCP/IP ... please accept this late happy birthday.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto