iluvtofly

Cable Internet Question

If you still have internet you can grab all the shows off that. Also, depending on where you live you could get an over the air TV tuner for your computer. Then you can watch all the local channels in digital quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010380047+1148510222+1148410234&Configurator=&Subcategory=47&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

OK. Take a look outside where the cable comes into the house. You'll probably see one of 2 things. Either they simply disconnected the cable somewhere before it enters the house or they've installed a filter. I haven't been in the biz for a long time so I might be wrong, but I doubt they diconnected it at the pole. Simply re-connect the cable or remove the filter. I'm sure there's someone else who knows more on here.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Nope, when I was a contractor disco's only paid $5 but you may have to drive 4-5 miles in between them, seldom did you get more than 2 close together. TW has quality control guys that check on contractors, if you turned one in that you didn't do it was like a $25 fine.

Did you notice the first line of this post? "when I WAS a contractor" Shitty job!

They disconnect your drop from the tap either at the pole or at the pedestal. Then they screw a locking terminator on the port of the tap that requires a special tool to get off. Sometimes with a big pair of channel locks you can squeeze them hard enough to get them off. :)

You have to remeber that cable companies have seen all of the tricks and are getting smart to stop people from re connecting their cable.

A guy representing FIOS just knocked on the door to tell about the service.
The combined phone, TV, internet are the same price total as I have now with comcast cable and verizon phone, at least for 2 years. As you say, speeds will improve.

Did you get the whole package?

marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton