TFFTM

Asking GF the big ? on a cruise.

I am planning on asking my GF of 3 years + to the big "M". We are going on a cruise next month to Cozumel.

People who know us have been waiting on this for years but I have tried to wait until the perfect moment. I have never been on a cruise that I did not have to wear boondocks or dungarees and do not know what to expect.

I want this to be romantic and a memory we can look back on for years to come. There will be several Skydiving couples (friends of both) going with us and I want them to join in the memory that is why there is an "ALONE' option if that is best.
I had planned to ask during the Captains cocktail party but am not sure if this is appropiate.

Thanks gang... - Daniel

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

Why don't you ask in a quiet moment alone just before you meet up with your friends? That way you get to share it by yourselves ... and then with your friends right after?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Oh Shit just checked out your site. Your a Bowler and Skydiver... Did you get the talk? Me too.. But since I got a 300 under my belt, and my golfing sux I kept going.

Will you marry me?

Just practicing. How did i do?

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

Oh Shit just checked out your site. Your a Bowler and Skydiver... Did you get the talk? Me too.. But since I got a 300 under my belt, and my golfing sux I kept going.

Yeah, got the talk. No perfect game for me yet (and it's 450 in my game!) but one day.

Will you marry me?

Sure. I'm not doing anything this weekend. ;)

Just practicing. How did i do?

EXCELLENT!

B|B|
'Shell

Sweet! ;)Should we announce it on DZ.com? I don't think that its been done before.;)

No. I think we should keep it quiet. There'd be too many drunks at the reception and the nudity could kill my grandmother!

:D:D:D:D

Skydivers paying for a cruise to get free drinks... Yeah your right... Engagement is off!

now back to my 2nd choice
My GF!

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

Sweet! ;)Should we announce it on DZ.com? I don't think that its been done before.;)

No. I think we should keep it quiet. There'd be too many drunks at the reception and the nudity could kill my grandmother!

:D:D:D:D

Skydivers paying for a cruise to get free drinks... Yeah your right... Engagement is off!

Oh ... you hurt my feeling. :(:(

Meh. I'll get over it. I'll get a CABANA BOY to get over it! B|B|
'Shell

Are you sure she'll say "Yes"?:o

:P No worries. Have a great cruise. B|

That's why he's asking on a boat. If she says no he throws her overboard. :P

Just like when Sam proposed to Dianne on Cheers. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I was going to wish you a congratulations on your upcoming nuptials but... by the time I read to the bottom of this post I see the marriage is over. Damn.

If it's still on I would be willing to help celebrate on the ship.
I'm PMing you my home address so you know where to send the ticket.:D

“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

I will go by what is posted in the poll so please be sincere. She will love this someday-- I hope!

Sweetie I wouldn't only go by the poll...take into account a lot of the great advice that's being offered in this thread as well. B|

A cruise...how romantic!! That's so cool. Good luck!
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.