Perfume - The Story of a Murderer

Anyome seen the movie "Perfume - The Story of a Murderer"? Not finished watching it yet, but so far, it's really interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfume:_The_Story_of_a_Murderer_(film)

Torrent Link:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/656787

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

It took me a few tries to finish it...I really liked the beginning, but yeah, the freaky parts were a bit hard to stomach!

Jsut finished watching.

IMHO, the film went to bollocks at the orgy scene near the end. The rest was strange, but worth watching. Weird shit.

Thanks for the input!

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

when the book came out, something like 25 years ago, it was a huge bestseller, that topped the bookcharts for years in the hardcover version

i have no idea how the language works in the english translation, but in german it was (and still is) something very special.

i didnt want to watch the film, then i said what the heck, its not going to ruin the book. basically its a 1:1 adaption, still the book is what it is: a great piece of fiction

as for the "orgy scene being a bit over-the-top" - whats your beef with that one?
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

as for the "orgy scene being a bit over-the-top" - whats your beef with that one?

I don't have any "beef" with it.

It was a bit more dramatic than the rest of the movie. They could have written/acted/performed it better.

I mean, was the orgy scene satisfactory to you? Or would you liked to have seen better given the preamble?
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.