windcatcher

Is a man pursuing a woman archaic to you guys???

I still believe that if a man is really interested in a woman, he will pursue. What do you guys think, especially you shy men? If you really consider a woman worthwhile, are you gonna chase her? :D

(* and not I am not implying women are "objects" that need to be chased:S*)

Just a question:)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Depends what you mean by chase?

At most I will tell them how I feel. If you are expecting someone playing a guitar under your window then you also have to consider what that person will do once you kick him/her to the curb.

Some people say no one can love you like a crazy person.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Nope. If she's not interested, I'm not gonna try to convince her. It wouldn't make for a good relationship, IMO. I think relationships need to have desire and motivation from both sides to work.

i'm w/ you... never was one to expend too much energy if she didn't show signs of interest... hated the girls who played hard to get... just seemed stupid to me... my wife actually persued me, which i loved!

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I personally can get a vibe through conversation and the chemistry you have together. If it isn't there, it isn't there and it is not worth pursuing.

Now if the chemistry is there I don't like games. If both people feel it and like each other don't hold back. I won't waste time chasing someone playing hard to get.

Nope. If she's not interested, I'm not gonna try to convince her. It wouldn't make for a good relationship, IMO. I think relationships need to have desire and motivation from both sides to work.

What he said. Wait around for a man to chase you and you might miss a few good ones in the process. Two-way street. Let him know you're interested. Take some initiative. What he does with that will let you know how much energy to put into it (or not).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Wait around for a man to chase you and you might miss a few good ones in the process. Two-way street. Let him know you're interested. Take some initiative. What he does with that will let you know how much energy to put into it (or not).

Some of my friends love to chase girls. After they're successful, they lose interest and dump them. For them, the chase is more fun than the relationship. If you like guys that chase you, you're risking a short term relationship.

I feel like I'm supposed to be posting this in the women's forum or something.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Thats kind of tricky.. Depends how the girl acts.. I doubt I would chase very hard, the girl is in to you or isn't. That playing hard to get shit is for teases and if it did work out the chick is probable into head games anyways...:P
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

So what do you do if you can't tell the guy is interested. You have great conversations, can laugh the entire time you are together, but you get nervous around him. So you are unsure of what to do.

If you don't wanna loose this person as a friend...how do you go about seeing if he is interested without laying one on him. Wouldn't that ruin the friendship.....or make things uncomforatable??
F LORIDA!

So what do you do if you can't tell the guy is interested. You have great conversations, can laugh the entire time you are together, but you get nervous around him. So you are unsure of what to do.

If you don't wanna loose this person as a friend...how do you go about seeing if he is interested without laying one on him. Wouldn't that ruin the friendship.....or make things uncomforatable??

i guess you could whip out some of those euphamisms for a laugh? j/k...

If the magic is there and you can feel it. Chances are he is feeling the exact same way and thinking the same thing too.

Edit: So if it is left all up to the guy then there is a 50% chance something might or might not happen.:S
Just my $0.02
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

If the magic is there and you can feel it. Chances are he is feeling the exact same way and thinking the same thing too.

So basis all the above and it is a mutually felt attraction (or chemistry), does that mean that you don't have to put forth any energy to show the lady how much you care.... is courting a thing of the past too??? [:/]

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Wait around for a man to chase you and you might miss a few good ones in the process. Two-way street. Let him know you're interested. Take some initiative. What he does with that will let you know how much energy to put into it (or not).

Some of my friends love to chase girls. After they're successful, they lose interest and dump them. For them, the chase is more fun than the relationship. If you like guys that chase you, you're risking a short term relationship.

I feel like I'm supposed to be posting this in the women's forum or something.

I get bored with games really quickly. I wasted too much of my life trying to "make" people like me and I figured out that all I can do is be a person who is likeable/loveable, and people will either like me or they won't.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I definitely think it is there....just don't know how to pursue it without messing with the friendship between him, his roomate, and me. [:/] I met the roomie first, but knew that we would only be friends. Now that the roomie is seeing someone.....do I go for it?? Very touchy situation. [:/]
F LORIDA!

OK, if you are nervous around him and think of him as a friend, either tell him how you feel or show him. Either way, you'll get past that nervousness and be more comfortable around him. If he's interested, you've got a great base. If he's not, you know it and if feelings change in the future he knows too.

I tend not to pursue so much (I can't walk up to a woman without something to say that's not a line)), but when I start seeing them that's when I really woo and make them feel special.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I definitely think it is there....just don't know how to pursue it without messing with the friendship between him, his roomate, and me. [:/] I met the roomie first, but knew that we would only be friends. Now that the roomie is seeing someone.....do I go for it?? Very touchy situation. [:/]

what do you think the likelihood is that it WILL negatively affect the friendships if you pursue? IMO, life is too short to live w/ regret... but will you regret not pursuing, or will you regret messing up friendships, if that's the possibility...

I definitely think it is there....just don't know how to pursue it without messing with the friendship between him, his roomate, and me.

Try something novel like asking him if he is interested.:) I always find that open honest conversation works well!;)
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

what do you think the likelihood is that it WILL negatively affect the friendships if you pursue? IMO, life is too short to live w/ regret... but will you regret not pursuing, or will you regret messing up friendships, if that's the possibility...

I figured that you 'guys' had this unspoken code of 'I met her first' kinda thing...that is what I am betting on in this situation. But I could be totally wrong. To answer the question....I really don't wanna lose either of them as friends, but I think that I would regret not pursuing even more.
F LORIDA!