jumper03

Packed my first racer....

FWIW, there is a torrent on TPB ('the Swedish site') of the Racer reserve packing DVD, deinterlaced, compressed to mp4, and saved into individual chapters from the original 40 minute video. It looks like there's just one slow, occasional seed so the ball isn't rolling at the moment so to speak, but it eventually could be.

I already have a physical copy of the DVD off a Racer enthusiast. Free access to the video would surely benefit any rigger wishing to pack them -- and Jump Shack too.

Jump Shack is looking at having an individual upload the DVD in numerous segments so that the whole thing is available. Stand by to stand by, when it is up I am sure there will be a post about it.:)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I really enjoy packing Racers (I've owned 3 2k3's) and for me, they take way less effort than any other rig. A good bud of mine has a weird trick where he substitutes T-bodkins for A few rubberbands chained together, but I could never get the hang of that. I use 4 t-bodkinsa and ta-da!
=========Shaun ==========

They also give their DVDs to anyone who asks. I bought some tools from them, and they thru one in the bag for me.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Good day, people!

Can anybody help me with T-bodkin dimensions?
I need its length, handle width, hole width/height and flat part size. Additionally, needle and handle diameters.

Please use trammel if possible. Much thanks.

Steel T-bodkins are incompatible with electronic AADs, therefore are obsolete.
You are far better off using the soft "Ghost Loops" that Jump Shack gives out for free.

I struggled for decades to learn how to pack Pop-Tops, until a German rigger told me about his soft bodkins. I built a fancy, adjustable version, but fixed-length Ghost Loops will do the same job for one-tenth the effort as steel T-bodkins.

To make your own Ghost Loops, all you need is a couple lumps of scrap iron (e.g any washer) and a bit of Cypres cord. Tie a loop, slightly bigger than you expect your final closing loop length.
Repeat the process with the free end of the Cypres cord. That way your Ghost Loops are tied together, simplifying parts-count at the end of the pack job.
If you want to further reduce your tool-count, finger-trap a (Cypres cord) pull-up cord to each Ghost Loop.

A single Ghost Loop is all you need to close a Reflex or Teardrop.

Good day, people!

Can anybody help me with T-bodkin dimensions?
I need its length, handle width, hole width/height and flat part size. Additionally, needle and handle diameters.

Please use trammel if possible. Much thanks.

Steel T-bodkins are incompatible with electronic AADs, therefore are obsolete.
You are far better off using the soft "Ghost Loops" that Jump Shack gives out for free.

I struggled for decades to learn how to pack Pop-Tops, until a German rigger told me about his soft bodkins. I built a fancy, adjustable version, but fixed-length Ghost Loops will do the same job for one-tenth the effort as steel T-bodkins.

To make your own Ghost Loops, all you need is a couple lumps of scrap iron (e.g any washer) and a bit of Cypres cord. Tie a loop, slightly bigger than you expect your final closing loop length.
Repeat the process with the free end of the Cypres cord. That way your Ghost Loops are tied together, simplifying parts-count at the end of the pack job.
If you want to further reduce your tool-count, finger-trap a (Cypres cord) pull-up cord to each Ghost Loop.

A single Ghost Loop is all you need to close a Reflex or Teardrop.

Thanks, friend! It's a real reason of getting rid of these tools ;) I will follow your instructions. Very helpful post.
--vintozver