riddler

France bans smoking in restaurants

Trolling.....:o...!? I wouldn't say that. It's just an easy subject to get folks riled and talking about, since any way you look at it, it's a precedent to permit the revoking of all freedoms of personal choice. Some don't care about things like that, some of us do....some of us served, to protect those freedoms.

To allow a ban on anything, without absolute proof, just opens the door to unchecked gov't oppression. Also....these "studies", when not fully legitimate, can kill....take the first generation airbags as a perfect example. Studies were done and it was determined that airbags should be mandatory, because their studies showed that they save lives. Apparently they didn't study hard enough, almost a full 400 people were murdered by these life-savers, in just the first year. Seat belts are also proving to be a viable means of population control. The studies only show the number of incidents where they worked, not the number of fatalities that can be attributed to them.

You have got to see the movie "Thanks for Smoking". In fact, buy two copies because you'll wear out the first one.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

You have got to see the movie "Thanks for Smoking".

One of those rare movies where the plot AND dialog AND acting are all good. I love the part where they kidnap him and try to overdose him on nicotine patches. He's saved only by the fact that his body has built up an incredible tolerance to nicotine :D
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD