ntrprnr

Buy an HD DVD Player? Sucks to be you...

I'm guessing the link went to a story about Netflix and Wal-Mart/Sam's Club joining Blockbuster this week in peddling Blu-Ray only. I'm glad Erin got me a Blu-Ray player for my birthday. :)

Blues,
Dave

I don't have a Blu-Ray or ND player, but in this battle of standards, I have to say that I'm hoping Sony wins with their Blu-Ray standard, they need a home run, make good products (even though their weakness is all the proprietary stuff) and so...I'm just rooting for 'em.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I'm guessing the link went to a story about Netflix and Wal-Mart/Sam's Club joining Blockbuster this week in peddling Blu-Ray only. I'm glad Erin got me a Blu-Ray player for my birthday. :)

Blues,
Dave

I don't have a Blu-Ray or ND player, but in this battle of standards, I have to say that I'm hoping Sony wins with their Blu-Ray standard, they need a home run, make good products (even though their weakness is all the proprietary stuff) and so...I'm just rooting for 'em.

Got any Beta-max recorders ya wanna part with? ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Blues,
Dave

Alas, as a kid we went the VHS route. Though, the professional end of that was all Beta or a variant to this day... ;)
Make light!

Blues,
Dave

Alas, as a kid we went the VHS route. Though, the professional end of that was all Beta or a variant to this day... ;)

That's because it was & is better quality than standard VHS, Sony just shot themselves in the foot with the proprietary rules for use, a lesson they learned from.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I always thought they were both scams...that is until I saw a blue ray hooked up to a 1080p HD TV.

WOW is that shit clear.:)
To bad they cant broadcast in 1080p:(

No Blue Ray is still a scam Sony announced the next change in the format and that 1st gen players will not be able to support the new features mainly the online component for the DRM protection scam oops meant scheme. Only the Play station 3 can support that so even if you own a Blue Ray player it still sucks to be you as well.

Thanks Sony for letting the consumers decide instead of paying off other studios to go with you preparatory format.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Why do I see people talking about Blu-Ray as if it was all Sony's???:S
Blu-Ray is the result of an organization of which Sony is just one member:

http://www.blu-raydisc.com/general_information/Section-14009/Index.html

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It was Sony that invented it. The consortium that's in place now is simply to advance the standard and keep it competitive against the HD format.

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1504/The-Blue-Laser-Wars-Episode-II-Bluray-Disc/p1/
Make light!

I always thought they were both scams...that is until I saw a blue ray hooked up to a 1080p HD TV.

WOW is that shit clear.:)
To bad they cant broadcast in 1080p:(

No Blue Ray is still a scam Sony announced the next change in the format and that 1st gen players will not be able to support the new features mainly the online component for the DRM protection scam oops meant scheme. Only the Play station 3 can support that so even if you own a Blue Ray player it still sucks to be you as well.

Thanks Sony for letting the consumers decide instead of paying off other studios to go with you preparatory format.

FUD, and terribly misinformed.

It was Sony that invented it. The consortium that's in place now is simply to advance the standard and keep it competitive against the HD format.

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1504/The-Blue-Laser-Wars-Episode-II-Bluray-Disc/p1/

Plus, because of the PS3 Sony is largely recognized as the face of Blu-ray, and is responsible for the majority of the Blu-ray install base.

Ya I like how sony played the numbers to includ PS3 as part of the BD players sold compared to HD DVD Hardware .

The other thing was most current DVD manufacturers could change to HD DVD with little cost and changes in equipment but unfortunately thats not the case with BD
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."