Cat Barfed on computer monitor....

It depends on which surgery they have to do. If it's just the "clean out" surgery, it cost me around $1800. If it's the urethral reroute because of repeated problems, that's $5000-$7000.

Ouch. B| They just opened my pup up, opened up her bladder, cleaned it all out, then sewed her back together. She could be on medicine for the rest of her dog life, but only time will tell when she's finally off her anti-biotics and they do a urine sample. Fun stuff... :|

The 'good' food the vet gave us after the surgery didn't sit well with either dog though. They both had a serious case of the runs, so the vet told us to feed them what they were eating before and sell them the prescription diet back to them.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Going to try to switch them to Iams. Like I said, the c/d Hills Prescription Diet was not a good choice. I almost had to clean up human barf from the smell of their 'issues' when eating that food. (trying to not hijack the thread too much ;))

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Try catching them right when they are about to puke and putting a newspaper or paper towel underneath them- I know mine will turn their heads and deliberatey miss the towel!

I throw mine in the litter box, and she immediately jumps out and pukes somewhere else.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Going to try to switch them to Iams. Like I said, the c/d Hills Prescription Diet was not a good choice. I almost had to clean up human barf from the smell of their 'issues' when eating that food. (trying to not hijack the thread too much ;))

OK, I'll briefly add to the hijack.............
Does your vet sell the Royal Canin brand of prescription food? I've got cats, not dogs but in the past they've been on two different kinds of Hill's prescription diets and I always had a hard time getting them to eat it. They responded much better to the Royal Canin.

end hijack............. :P

Best food for both dogs and cats: Only the best for my loved ones:)
www.phdproducts.com

I can't believe the junk people feed their pets. Sure the lable may say "beef" or "lamb" or "chicken", but did you know the pet food companies use the parts of animals that might have tumors? I'm not willing to take a chance with my pets. No wonder we see our pets getting sick. Not to mention all the fillers in the pet food now. It's like us just eating junk food all the time.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Both my longhair cat and my shorthair cat barf occasionally

Ours, too. Sabre (the long-hair) every third day and almost always on the tile and chunks, so no-big-thang.

Zoe'--OH MY FUCKING GOSH!--she doesn't hack often but when she does it's the most revolting thing. In fact, it makes me almost ralph, myself. The most foul-stench & bunches of places. The worst part? She prefers the area rugs. B| Thus, we buy a new area rug at least once/year. It's NOT worth it to try to clean it. Trust me on this--worth EVERY PENNY for a new area rug.

Oh my gosh I'm going to barf just thinking of Zoe's belly-juice. And it's ALL juice. Juice everywhere. SO fucking gross.

I would rather Sabre puke three times/day than every have to clean up a Zoe' puke ever again. B|

Dinner, anyone? :)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I guess I'm lucky that my four cats hardly ever barf. And I have flat-screen monitors, so it would be difficult for the cats to barf on them. :P

.....or in them.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Why did I just think of this? :S:D

Daisy was puking for a bit, but she seems to have settled down, and even when she did she usually hit the floor (not so good for the finish, but at least easy to clean up). Her puke tended not to be too toxic smelling, either.

I feed my cats Serengeti, which is what Daisy's foster family started her on when she was having diarrhea problems. But it's good stuff so I'm happy to keep feeding it to them and they both like it.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Why did I just think of this? :S:D

:D It's funny because I actually did a parody of that in high school. :|

I'm SUCH a Monica, though--other than I'm blonde. :$

Daisy was puking for a bit, but she seems to have settled down, and even when she did she usually hit the floor

That's good.

Sabre is a fluff-ball. We've tried different diets, brushing, laxatone, hairball treats--you name it, we've tried it for a good while before deciding it wasn't doing anything. Sabre was not even two weeks old when we nursed him to health. He seems to prefer hacking on the tile so it's not a big deal. And like I said, it's chunky & easy to clean up. (TMI? :D)

Again, Zoe' doesn't hack often--maybe once or twice a year. She eats the same food Sabre does. But she does go outside quite a bit more than Sabre. And Sabre never leaves our yard when he goes out, even though he could if he wanted to. I don't know what Zoe' gets into, but I wasn't kidding with my previous description. When it happens, it's a big fucking deal. We're talking biohazard zone--rubber suits, masks, plastic bags, disinfectant, new anything it touched other than the tile. We have a lot of tile, but as mentioned, I end up buying a new area rug once/year. [:/]

She's worth it, though. Here's a photo of my Zoh-doh-bird.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.