mamajumps

Birthday Party Ideas

My youngest son is turning 6 soon and I am needing Birthday ideas for things to do... My older two I take to an amusement park or something, but my youngest is so tiny, that there is much he could ride. I was entertaining Chuck E Cheese, but the last few times, Ive had a birthday party, kids dont show up and its time and money wasted. Seems to be a running trend, when my daughter goes to bday parties, theres usually only 1 or 2 kids there...[:/]. Ive always tried to make their bdays a big deal, but have ran out of ideas... thanks!;)

Got a bowling alley nearby? That usually goes over well with all ages of kids and it's not very expensive. Most places have a package price that will includea couple games, shoes and pizza and they'll let you bring your own cake.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Got a bowling alley nearby? That usually goes over well with all ages of kids and it's not very expensive. Most places have a package price that will includea couple games, shoes and pizza and they'll let you bring your own cake.

I agree!

Kids love cosmic bowling with the black lights. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

How about a sleep over with a friend or two? Birthday parties do get expensive and with three kids, good grief!! With both my kids, I stopped the whole "party thing" about two years ago. I try to make it a small family affair. The money I save I spend on my child.;)

Bobbi

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

My youngest just turned 9 last week. We had an alien invasion party. All the kids did some "military training". They used air-soft guns for target practice, water balloons for grenades, we played pin the medal on the soldier, they had to destroy the alien's eggs (more balloons), and then they had to track down and kill the alien (with the air soft guns and water balloons). The kids had a blast and it really tired them out. You can also play hot potato (grenade) with a water balloon.

For my daughter who is turning 6 in a few weeks, we found a bakery that hosts parties. They each make the frosting, then decorate some cupcakes, etc. The birthday child gets an apron and some kid sized baking supplies. But that probably wouldn't go over all that well for a little boy. :P

For my son's seventh and eighth birthday's, we have done laser tag parties at the local arena. Even the parents LOVE that one. B| Another thing I have seen done alot this year that hasn't been mentioned is a place called Pump-It-Up. I'm not sure if it is in your area, but it is essentially a warehouse with padded floors and 6-8 bouncy castles with a party area. It is great for tiring out the kids, and at your son's age, they just love bouncing and crashing into one another.

At the school where my kids attend, it seems like everyone comes to the parties, Of 30 kid classes, usually there are 22-25 kids at parties. But it is a private school and it is very close knit. I would just suggest sending a "reminder" about the RSVP date so you can buy the right amount of food, etc.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!!!! I guess my biggest issue is personal in that I want there birthdays to all be equally as fun. My little one knows that the older two get amusement parks,and he has asked to go to Universal, but he is just so little...(small for his age, def has my build). I know there is so much he can't ride [:/], I also thought about turning him loose in Toys R Us, and let him get a set dollar amount of stuff.... I dunno....[:/]