ltdiver

0-60 in 3.9 seconds!

Got to love PBS once in awhile! Fun documentary on "Cars of the Future" just concluded with Tom and Ray making it not only fun but intriguing.

I know billvon posted about Tesla Motors back in
Web page of this beautiful automobile:
http://www.teslamotors.com/design/gallery-body.php

Video in Motion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOl_1S10jTk

Update: The video comments that the body is aluminum. [url "http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/02/16/tesla-bodyman-explains-carbon-fiber/">They've since upgraded to carbon fiber!

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Me+Boner+In my pants

I saw this at the VIR before they put a body on it, and it was just a frame...after they did the race w/ the Supercar. The let a model loose out there and it was gastronomical, lol. I love the Bowties, but for -fuel and speed...I'd def. "hit it".
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

when can I get one!

Membership positions for the 2009 Tesla Roadster are open to all US Residents
2009 Roadster base price: $109,000*
Wait time to delivery is approximately 15 months*
A $60,000 refundable membership fee is required to secure your position
If you have questions regarding the 2009 Membership process, submit your question here, or call +1 650-413-6300.
*Pricing, options, and delivery time frame are estimated and subject to change. Final details available 3 months prior to production.

One of my dad's friends works at tesla, and being local, I had the opportunity to take a tour of the factory. It is a first class operation. The office/design area is just as large as the assembly area. If you have that kind of money to drop on a toy, go for it, but at this point its mostly about the WOW factor, like a ferrari or something. Just for the name. Personally, I would wait awhile until they are rolling them out in slightly higher numbers because that should help the price to drop. Although, the chassis are made by Lotus, and that means if the Euro/dollar ratio keeps sucking, it might be awhile until the price gets better. But yeah, cool car, cool company. If you ever had a problem with one, I am sure they would take care of you

You could always an Ariel Atom 2 with the 300HP engine. Oh, and it only weights 1300 lbs and its street legal.

That's a bad mofo. Now, where to put the groceries? :D:P

A quote from a Ariel owner here in Atlanta.

"This car goes so fast that as you accelerate your peripheral blurs as if you're entering warp 9. All you can see clearly is directly ahead of you as your eyes gets pressed into the back of your eye sockets. Every time I get in this car - even if it's just a short trip to the grocery store (no kidding I've done it) my heart races even before I turn on the ignition. There is not another driving experience like this. "

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I'm thinking about buying a horse...

You'd be better off buying a car.
Few know how expensive just ONE horse can be. Trust me, I used to help care for a over 80 on a Paint ranch in OK.

Car cheap. Horse = $$$$$$
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Guess billvon wouldn't want that exact palm pilot directing his bike. :o;)

what was that inventor thinking?? No helmet...no gear...no traffic control! B|

It's also the only time I've seen a motorcycle accident with the bike left still standing. :D

ltdiver

You could always an Ariel Atom 2 with the 300HP engine. Oh, and it only weights 1300 lbs and its street legal.

That's a bad mofo. Now, where to put the groceries? :D:P

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/greatest_hits/article3250597.ece

I think you missed the point of the thread....a mode of transportation not relying on gas. (well, I guess that rules out the horse then too. :))

Besides, why would one want something that's compared to ...."exoskeletal car. A sort of beetle-cum-Pompidou Centre." ? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

ltdiver

um, why dont we get the car here, and you get all the bills and insurances to do!? :D

website says its only available for US-residents. :(

i wonder how that compares to something like a porsche or a ferrari. that would leave some puzzled faces, taking off with no noise at all.. :o:)B|

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Guess billvon wouldn't want that exact palm pilot directing his bike. :o;)

what was that inventor thinking?? No helmet...no gear...no traffic control! B|

It's also the only time I've seen a motorcycle accident with the bike left still standing. :D

ltdiver

lol I watched that vid the day after it happened and I just couldn't believe it was real. Just seemed all too fake with how the bike impaled the minivan and the "inventor" laying unconcious on the street with no visible injuries that I could see. BTW the inventor did survive.

but yeah....aside from the gear, why didn't he just pull in the clutch and/or let off the throttle when the bike gained traction? :S
www.FourWheelerHB.com

Time-share....If 1000 of us all paid in $109........;)

[Light Bulb!] :)

that means, like every three years you get if for a longer weekend.. :S

now, that gets worse, if you already know that certain dizzy.commers already HAD their long weekends in it. and that would mean that they would of lived in it! but wait, they dont have the 109$! :D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda