SkyTheo

Stiletto 120

Yeah, Italy is close. It's more in the countries that end in "atia" or "avia".

Either way, PD reccomends a min of 500 jumps for Stiletto. People who know better reccomend a WL of around 1.3 for your level of experience. Based on this, I think it's a bad idea.

If you are a dedicated and determined jumper, you'll be up around 500 jumps very soon, so the wait won;t be long.

If you're not that dedicated or determined, you have no business pushing your WL or the type of canopy you jump.

Edit: Why not go with a Sabre2 135? I learned how to swoop on a Sabre 135 at about 1.35. I put 500 jumps on that canopy, and learned alot.

My understanding of the Sabre 2 is that it's a MUCH better canopy than the original Sabre. You woul dload a 135 at 1.3, and be making a smater choice than a Stiletto 120.

Do I think it's risky? Yes.

Do I think it's smart? No.

Do I think you will lood cool? No.

Do I think this is a good route for you to become a good canopy pilot? Hell no!

If you want to be a bad ass, don't try to get a canopy to do the flying for you. Just cause the parachute is fast, doesn't make you a good pilot.

YOU should become the good pilot first. If you can get your 150 to fly like a bad ass, then YOU are in control, and YOU are the awesome one.

Any idiot can get a small parachute and land it. Only good pilots can make ANY canopy fly well.

If you want people to say, "Wow! Who the hell is that?"

Use your money to pay for jumps and not new equipment (Did I just say that?). It's the jumps and experience that will make you a great pilot. Not the parachute.

Hope you tear it up out there!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I downsized to a 120 at just a few more jumps than you have now. It bit me...hard! I put about 100 safe jumps on it, but then I was too low...once...now I have permanently fractured vertibrae. I'm telling you man, wait a while. You'll be a much better canopy pilot in the end.

Cheers,
Travis

That sounds dumb unless you are in eastern europe. For some reason this is about the norm in eastern europe.

I thought it's common US problem to have deaths and injuries under open canopies. But let us blame eastern europe instead, it sounds exotic. By the way, where is it, somewhere in the middle east, right?