iluvtofly

Old dishwasher...

So when I moved in I noticed that there was a portable dishwasher in my apartment. You can imagine my disappointment when I found out it doesn't work and they just left it there for the counter space.

Well, a couple from my DZ is moving to Florida and they sold me their portable dishwasher for dirt cheap.

My question is how do I properly dispose of the old one? Can I just put it out on the curb with the regular garbage? Or do I have to do something special with it?

Call your waste removal department with your city/county. They have special days for large items. Usually you just have to give them a phone call so they know to accept it. They picked up my old treadmill, so they should be able to get a dishwasher.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

tossing it out of a jump ship would be immensely more entertaining...especially if you jump with it!
:D

It would be worth having to clean up the mess from the crater. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You can imagine my disappointment when I found out it doesn't work and they just left it there for the counter space...

My question is how do I properly dispose of the old one? Can I just put it out on the curb with the regular garbage? Or do I have to do something special with it?

pssshhhh! I divorced mine and poof-gone.

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

Lol...I once had a washing machine that went bad. I bought a new machine and took the old machine, placed it in the box that the new one came in and placed it on the side of the road and waited. It didn't take long. An old Pinto cruised by real slow, circled the block twice and about an hour later, just after dark, they showed back up with three guys in it. They first tried to put it in the trunk but when it didn't fit, they tied it to the top of that little car, all the while trying to be quiet and not attract attention. I watched from my front porch, along with a bunch of friends that I called, while they loaded and tied this boat anchor to the top of that little car and chuckled for hours as I thought of the suprise that they got when they plugged it in and found water pouring all over the floor.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."