RALFFERS

College is NOT Cheap!

And I'm not talking about the actual edumication... APPLYING is not cheap! @ $50 bucks an app, it can cost $250-$500 just to apply to 5-10 schools. :|

The other thing is this - after spending that much $$$ I don't know that I would get accepted anywhere. I ended high school with a 2.0 G.P.A. & my sophmore year of college with a 2.1-2.2. I really wish I could go back & do it again; I wasn't & am not stupid; unfortunately, I was lazy & did not have my priorities straight. Now, years later zI realize the error of my ways, but am not sure I'll get the chance to prove myself

Oh well, TGIF...anyone wanna go have a few drinks with me?
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I'll drive, you fill the cooler! ;)

DEAL!...C'mon over.

Are there any Community Colleges nearby that you can apply to? They're a great bargain.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Man, I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me. I ended up going to a community college for a couple years, raised my GPA, ended up graduating from Georgia State with a Bachelor's in Business. Trust me, if I can do it you can. Just don't put your expenses on your credit card. Get a student loan. Paying that back was a biotch. Hang in there.
You know what's similar between Cops and Firefighters? They both wanna be firefighters.

Are there any Community Colleges nearby that you can apply to? They're a great bargain.

That they are indeed - I got my Associates degree from a local community college. Now, if I want a Bachelors I have to go to a 4-year for the remaining 2 years...whether I like it or not.

I know for a fact that one of the highest rated C.C.'s in Il. is just a few miles from his home DZ! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I know for a fact that one of the highest rated C.C.'s in Il. is just a few miles from his home DZ! B|
NOW THAT'S what you call convenience!... B| Umm - Jim, enlighten me. :)

I got my Associates degree from a local community college. Now, if I want a Bachelors I have to go to a 4-year for the remaining 2 years..

That's what I did...

~ finished up at SIU, and never ONCE did I let college
interfere with my education! :$;)

http://www.ivcc.edu/ B| BTDT! ;)

College...not cheap?

:P

:D:D:D Thanks Mike, I needed that.

No problem - I may not have an answer to the problem, but I can usually find a joke to help break the tension! ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

http://www.ivcc.edu/ B| BTDT! ;)

I know for a fact that one of the highest rated C.C.'s in Il. is just a few miles from his home DZ! B|NOW THAT'S what you call convenience!... B| Umm - Jim, enlighten me. :)

Jim....I...I - I love youo man!
:$.....(think beer commercial):D:D

Seriously, thanks for posting the link...I'm looking over some of their programs; I have an interest in a few.....and it looks like a lot of my credits would transfer over. B|

Just 1 thing...ummm....what does "BTDT" stand for? :S

I'll buy you one if you end up at SDC...
Thanks. :)
Like I said...I'm hard to miss. ;)

If college is not cheap for you then I am sure that you will qualify for some grant money from the government. Regardless of your low GPA, I am sure that there would be a school that would take you. I know people with average of 2.0 and 2.2 who worked their way through and got bachelor degrees.

In Florida, grant money is available to large number of students. Especially if u were not white[:/]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

That they are indeed - I got my Associates degree from a local community college. Now, if I want a Bachelors I have to go to a 4-year for the remaining 2 years...whether I like it or not.

You can go back to a community college and re-take a few of the classes you did your worst in. If you go to the same school that you went to before, you can usually petition to have the lower grade removed from your transcript.