KNewman

Gunner or Rat Hat

Help!!!!

I am looking to get a "Real" helmet now that I am off student status. I have searched the forums for info on the Gunner and the Rat-Hat, however most of the stuff is old. Anyone have any thoughts on which would be a better helmet? Or for that matter any other brands that would work well? I have tried both on and really like the way they fit. Do they let you demo helmets?? I have seen concerns with the Gunners chin strap, (read a post about two of them falling off in freefall) has Bonehead fixed these issues? Like I said I did the search but want to work with more up to date information. Any guidance and assistance is appreciated.

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

I am not sur I want a full face just yet, I have tried them on and get a little claustrophobic. A full face keeps me from being able to see my handles well enough for me to be comfortable. Maybe a little bit later when I have more experience. I currently use the rentals which resemble an Ion.

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

I used to have a gunner (recently sold it and went to a full face). I thought it was a good helmet...comfortable and quiet. I never had a probelm with the chin strap, although I did put a small stitch in strap to ensure I didn't have any problems with it loosening.