bigway

Help with thunderbird

Can anyone help me out. When trying to send mail i get the following response stopping me from sending emails.

an error occurred sending mail: the mail server sent an incorrect greeting : rblsmtpd:

Then it givess some ip numbers etc.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

rblsmtpd is a deamon responsible for blocking spam mail from known spam IP addresses, which is running on the server you are trying to use for sending email. So it might be that from your IP address (your PC, or any other behind your router), someone has been spamming and made it to a blacklist. I would strongly urge you to run virus/malware scanners on your pc('s) and make sure noone is using your wireless connection if you have one.
Getting of blacklists (you're usually on multiple ones...) is not always an easy task. I would try to get your ISP to do it for you, or have them just assign you another IP address (you can try to refresh your current one, but most providers will give you the same one). But both options only after making sure you are really not spamming!

Of course, maybe someone just screwed up with rblsmtpd and misconfigured it. It may just work again after a while, but I wouldn't count on it.

In that case check which server you are using for outgoing mail. Chances are you are trying to use your old provider's one. I don't have Thunderbird running here, but look for something called SMTP server, outgoing mail server or something similar.
Your old provider might see any mail as spam if it is not sent from one of its own IP addresses (on that server, that is).