TrophyHusband

vehicle electrical problem, need help

yesterday my friend and i rewired the plug on his utility trailer. it was a basic four wires into an eight pin plug. today he keeps blowing a fuse that takes out his trailer lights and his instrument guages. the fuse blows when he starts up his truck. is there anything we could have done to cause this? if we mis-wired something or there was a dead short to ground somewhere, his lights wouldn't have worked when we checked them. what the hell could be causing this?

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

it will, but it must be intermittant, or else the lights wouldn't work when we test it. also, there is no problem when the trailer is disconnected, so at least its somewhere we can get to it as opposed to taking it to the dealership. we're going to look for it tonight, and if we can't find anything, we'll rewire the whole thing if we have to.

www.kjandmegan.com

thanks for the link, you've been very helpful today. i can see my problem already. i've always thought that the center connnector was ground, and evidently its not. i just hope we didn't permenantly fuck up anything with his truck.

www.kjandmegan.com