Squeak

Does anyone else think that this is rude

Guerilla net marketing 101. Yes it is rude, but smart companies buy their own misspelled domains.

Actually I think all of that kind of thing is of questionable value anyway. Sure, some people enter a domain name that they see in an ad, but more often people do a search, in which case the domain at which they land doesn't really matter.

Funny thing is that when I hear Cookie Composite(s), I think "helmet", (which I guess is because I have seen helmets in ads with that name). If I was directed to a web site that had only lens products it would be obvious that something was going on.

A non-BS reason?? Like what?

"I accidently typed "cookiecomposite.com" when I was in fact trying to register "royallenss.com" (which by the way, he didn't bother to register...)? Sorry, but I genuinely cant think of a single non-BS reason to point that domain where it is pointed, unless he's in cohorts with Jason. And he's not.

It's clearly been done with forethought and malice as the domain (cookiecomposite.com) has been registered through domainsbyproxy - a masking service to make it harder to track the original registrant for reasons exactly like this. [:/]

A non-BS reason?? Like what?

"I accidently typed "cookiecomposite.com" when I was in fact trying to register "royallenss.com" (which by the way, he didn't bother to register...)? Sorry, but I genuinely cant think of a single non-BS reason to point that domain where it is pointed, unless he's in cohorts with Jason. And he's not.

I respectfully suggest you have a lack of imagination. I'm not a spokesperson for Royal; it's not my place to speak on their behalf ALL I'm saying is I was presented with a reason that makes sense. Still isn't acceptable, but it makes sense.

And I'm not making an attack aimed towards you, but you're not telling anyone the reason why, simply saying you're satisfied the reason is legitimate.

I still call BS until I hear otherwise.

Then pick up the phone as I did, or send an email as I did, then you'll have your answer.
Relaying information third-hand is rarely my favorite practice. It's usually distorted.
What is wrong with people these days? So fast to crucify without the facts, too lazy to make a call or press a few keys?
Am I the only one that thinks this is "rude?"
Last year, I learned of a young tunnel rat that was doing relative work with tandems with around 100 jumps. Many people flamed that sucker, screamed that he shouldn't be in the air near a tandem. Some one was nearly killed on that jump, maybe two people, as the video showed. I still show that video to people from time to time.
I guess I coulda judged him and his buds entirely by what I saw, and jumped on the "BURN HIM AT THE STAKE" group, instead, I sent him a PM and we had a great dialog.
Wouldn't you think we're both better of as a result?

As a moderator here, I would have expected far better of you than to make this issue personal between you and I.

I made it clear i wasn't making a personal attack at you. Why would you try and make this situation personal?

I have nothing to gain or lose from what Max has done, and frankly I'm not all that interested in the reasons behind it. The outcome is a I have a deceitful impression of Royal. Full stop.

Jason has worked hard to grow his business to where it is today. And as far as I am aware, he's not done that though trading on other peoples good name or brand.

Again, I would be shocked if max preferred 100 phone calls over one post by you. Is that what you're trying to accomplish? Are we all supposed to email him and call him and then keep the big secret answer to ourselves so the next guy can learn the big secret on his own? To me, that's rude.

Dave

Again, I would be shocked if max preferred 100 phone calls over one post by you. Is that what you're trying to accomplish? Are we all supposed to email him and call him and then keep the big secret answer to ourselves so the next guy can learn the big secret on his own? To me, that's rude.

Dave

I wouldn't presume to think I know what Max would or wouldn't prefer. Were it me, I'd prefer one post by me over someone else telling my story, wouldn't you?
I got off my ass because I wanted to know the answer to a question. I persisted with a few phone calls and emails, he called from overseas. He had an explanation that makes some sense to me, but might not make sense to you were I to explain it. I didn't ask for, nor did he offer, permission for me to share what was said in our phone conversation.

When did it become my responsibility to chase him down again to satisfy someone else' curiosity?

From my viewpoint, it's also rude to share a private conversation or email without asking for permission.
From his email to me yesterday:

Royal Lens is happy to have anyone contact us via email, phone, etc..etc...and we respond to everyone (of course).

[email protected]
[email protected]
1.201-538-4652

Sounds to me like he'd prefer to hear from you? Last I heard, he is overseas. The number that came in on my cell was an overseas number, so I would tend to believe as much.

If I think I'm going to Walmart and walk in and find that it's really a Sears...I've been mislead and a victim of fraud.

But not if you told the cab driver you wanted to go to "Walmar." He has no idea what that is so he does his best and takes you to Sears.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

It's clearly been done with forethought and malice as the domain (cookiecomposite.com) has been registered through domainsbyproxy - a masking service to make it harder to track the original registrant for reasons exactly like this.

Not so. I use domainsbyproxy for mainly one reason: avoiding spam (and probably real junk mail and phone call solicitations.)
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

It's clearly been done with forethought and malice as the domain (cookiecomposite.com) has been registered through domainsbyproxy - a masking service to make it harder to track the original registrant for reasons exactly like this.

Not so. I use domainsbyproxy for mainly one reason: avoiding spam (and probably real junk mail and phone call solicitations.)

Huh?
How is it not so?
How does what you are doing have anything to do with what Ross is saying?
Oh. Maybe you think that everybody should be doing what you are doing? Maybe your reasoning for using the service is the only valid reasoning?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Shades of Skyride!

The virus is spreading!

It's and epidemic!

not sure about the skyride link, but it's certainly not how i would expect an honorable man to do business
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Dave

From what was being said here a few months ago I dought he would answer the phone anyway. I seem to remember a bunch of people looking for products that they had already paid for and could not get a reply out of him. This would be strike three for me.You should trade on the merits of your own good name.

Huh?
How is it not so?
How does what you are doing have anything to do with what Ross is saying?
Oh. Maybe you think that everybody should be doing what you are doing? Maybe your reasoning for using the service is the only valid reasoning?

Yes popsjumper, Everybody should be doing what I'm doing. And yes, my reasoning for using the service is the only valid reasoning. (That's a joke, by the way.)

I'll bow out of this discussion now since you can't approach dialogue with me in a rational manner.