jtval

UFC 86 Forrest griffin

Discuss:D

OK I 'll start.

SPOILER BELOW:

I was surprised in Round 2. Very surprised.
Rampage didn't seem to fight his fight but Forrest did fight his. he did exactly what he said he was going to do.

The few punches rampage connected with were hellacious. but Griff was barely even cut (as far as forrst goes)
My photos

My Videos

Forrest dominated the entire fight. Rampage got several nice shots on Forrest, but he can take a wicked beating and he just comes back at you. I was hoping he would break down Rampages leg more in the 3rd and 4th round; Rampage was hurting pretty good after the slew of leg kicks to the knee :D.

It was a good fight and worth the 54 bucks. It had me on the edge of the couch a few times.

I do need to add something to that. I was actually rooting for Rampage, but only by a bit - so I won't say I wanted Forrest to take advantage of the leg kicks, but it was obvious it should be done.

Also, I am just a tad surprised to see that Rampage didn't win, and especially surprised that 2 judges took a point away from him, and that one judge only had him winning one round. I think there might have been some UFC politics involved. But Forrest sure does have a chin on him - damn!!!

I think there might have been some UFC politics involved. But Forrest sure does have a chin on him - damn!!!

I didnt see Don King anywhere in the arena.:D
I really think the 2nd round was 10/8 in favor of forrest.
Rampage didnt do anything in that round. Even though Griffin didn't demolish him he scored lots of points.

If forrest didn't counter act the slam in the 3rd round it would have been a different fight. Even with that Forrest was on his back much of that round and rampage didnt do a lot of damage either.
Forrest did more off of his back than rampage did from the top.

It was a great fight.
My photos

My Videos

Forrest dominated the entire fight.

What fight were you watching? In the one I saw, Forrest only dominated Round 2. He also won Rounds 3 and 5, but Rounds 1 and 4 had to go to Rampage. Two of the three judges saw it the same as me: 48-46.

I do agree with the leg kicks though; he should've kept pounding on it.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein