happythoughts

a fun morning

I stopped by the car shop to get some routine stuff done. You have to do a lot of stuff from the bottom, like power steering fluid, so I let them do it.
Radiator flush, oil change...

Anyway, a guy brings in his 2yo 'vette because the a/c leaks. They put the die in, test it, no leaks. Two weeks later, no a/c.

So, it is early and I need to get breakfast. The mechanic needs to road test the vette. He rides me down for drive-thru food.

I liked the speed, but those things ride like a lumber wagon without springs. I would have no license in 3 months if I owned one. :)

I stopped by the car shop to get some routine stuff done. You have to do a lot of stuff from the bottom, like power steering fluid, so I let them do it.

Translation: I still have a penis because I could totally do this stuff myself I'm just choosing not to and I have to make sure I preface my story with this so I don't get mocked. :D:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Translation: I still have a penis because I could totally do this stuff myself I'm just choosing not to and I have to make sure I preface my story with this so I don't get mocked. :D:D:D

Yeah, if you haven't tried it, you don't know how big a pain that it is.

Last Wednesday, I replaced my low-beam on the passenger side. You nearly have to disassemble the the front end to get at it because of the battery placement. It took me almost an hour to get it apart and back together.

So, I started looking at the power steering fluid.
It is on the firewall side, under the generator, with hoses in the way. I could not get my hand in there to even check it. You have to go in from the bottom.

Anti-freeze. I could flush it and change it, but you have to dispose of anti-freeze. It is very dangerous and will kill animals in a very nasty way.

Oil and filter. Once again, you have to dispose of the old oil. If I had a garage, I would keep it.

I have my own lift ramps. I don't do chemical disposal stuff though.

Most car stuff is just too much trouble any more and I am too old and lazy. I make enough money that I can pay professionals to do it in an hour, where it would take me all day. I have better uses of my day.

Theres this indicator on my dash that keeps going from F to E.. I fix that myself. I can change an air filter, too.
Ooh yeah. I'm sexy and oh so talented. :DB|;)

I let the guys at the shop change my air filter too.
:D:D It is in a nice accessible spot, but what the heck.

However, you are sexy and talented. You should be able to talk somebody into working on your car. :D

If you have any pics of us from Skyfest, send them my way. :)
Riding in the vette was huge fun. It reminded me of old muscle cars. Instant speed and a ride that jars your kidneys.

You know not everybody with a penis is Magyver or Mr Goodwrench. Just like everybody with a vagina is not an interior decorator or fashion consultant. Although the difference is that the penis equiped that "are not" Know it.