JohnRich

A Walk in the Woods

I've done a total of three hikes now in the flood reservoir near my home. You can view my collection of best photos from this area here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/JohnRich3rd/MaydeCreekHoustonTexas

Click "slideshow" for best viewing, and increase the viewing time per photo.
Warning: contains snake photos!
Enjoy!
Comments welcome, as are identification of any of the flowers.

I've done a total of three hikes now in the flood reservoir near my home. You can view my collection of best photos from this area here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/JohnRich3rd/MaydeCreekHoustonTexas

Click "slideshow" for best viewing, and increase the viewing time per photo.
Warning: contains snake photos!
Enjoy!
Comments welcome, as are identification of any of the flowers.

Great pics John...I'll have to make a hike that way soon. Thanks

Awesome pics! You definitely have a sharp eye whilst hiking.

I'm not too crazy about the snake-pics though... Personally it's nice to see a little more of their habitat around them, i.e. from WAAAYYY back :P

A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

Nice pictures. We really need to get together for a hike. Next time you're in my area, drop me a line. I'd like to see some of your pictures with some snow in them;)

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Nice pictures. We really need to get together for a hike. Next time you're in my area, drop me a line. I'd like to see some of your pictures with some snow in them;)

Me no like cold. That why me moved south. But I'd love to hike with you sometime. My next big planned trip is a week on the Pecos river by canoe in October. Isolation, white-water, deep canyons, Indian caves with pictographs. Woohoo!

Yes, that is a great book.

All of those photos came from a tiny little patch of woods as shown in the attached map. This area is only about 3 square miles, smack dab in the center of suburbia, on the outskirts of Houston, the 4th largest city in America. It's nice to know that so much wildlife can survive in such a tiny little patch. I'm planning on exploring other adjacent patches of woods like this in the future. I've been driving around these areas for years, and never imagined how wild they would be once I got inside them.