woodpecker

military peeps

Any of you ever PCS'd with tons of pro gear? I;m getting my stuff ready for TMO and wondering what the best way to have ALL of this stuff packed is.

I'm taking pics of everything but when they actually pack it up how detailed should they write it up?

Should I make them write exact gear title and brand name?

thanks in advance,

*If not military and/or have never PCS'd please dont respond to this*

Billy
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

What exactly do you mean by pro gear? To me that word has several meanings. If you're talking about high value items I would recommend you take a picture of the item and if possible a picture of the data placard/model number if applicable. Original receipts are also a good thing to have but not always necessary if you have issues.

Don't expect the meat necks to write a detailed description down for each piece, they aren't hired for their brains nor will they probably know what they are looking at in most cases.

Generally speaking, if you can, try to take those items that you deem critical with you or have them set aside and delivered by another means if loosing or damaging them is not acceptable or if they are irreplaceable items.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I mean items like rock climbing, mountaineering, mt biking, etc gear.

I'm already shipping antiques and other type high dollar items myself but having issues with all the other stuff I have.

I took pics of everything (would that be enough proof of ownership), just not wanting my 4K plus of rock climbing gear to just be labeled "rock climbing gear" and curious as to what others have done in the past. Not worried about damaged since I will have the times there to show proof of ownership...more about that random box that doesnt show up.

And the rig and WS are being mailed out. Looking foward to meeting up at the UKS boogie for some jumping. Funny how you hooked me up with a WS for my first jump and now going to be here for my last in the UK.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

I know what you're talking about now. I have a climbing rack that would kill an average man on his best day but when it came time to ship it, the whole thing went into the box along with my ropes. It got to the end point no problem. Now in the event that it hadn't, I had pictures of all the pieces together laid out plain to see just in case the whole thing came up missing. Trying to claim 15K+ in climbing hardware to the unknowing may seem a stretch so I wanted to make it easy to show exactly how much equipment I have. But again, don't expect the meat necks to go overboard with descriptions.Besides the lines on the sheet aren't really set up to catalog every detail and there will be several sheets to deal with just in general household goods as it is.

And the rig and WS are being mailed out. Looking foward to meeting up at the UKS boogie for some jumping. Funny how you hooked me up with a WS for my first jump and now going to be here for my last in the UK.

Not a bad idea mailing them out as they will get there faster more than likely. Make sure the weather bill has been paid by the time I get there, I'd hate to have to drink all the Guinness in the UK because we weren't jumping.;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Thanks for the info and I'll make sure the pics are as detailed as possible.

As for the weather...... I'll do my little no rain dance and see what happens. I guess worst case I'll take you over to Mildenhall and we can jump on a shadow. ;) At least then we will be above the rain for a few thousand. :)

See ya in a week.

SONIC WOODY #146

My advice when PCS'ing is to take thorough pics of EVERYTHING! If you care about it, then so would the moving company. Especially take pics of anything with the brand of the item shown and/ or serial number. When I moved to Germany, the company happened to "lose" my box of DVD's. I didn't have an exact list or pics of all the DVD's so I got about 8 bucks a pop for over 120 DVD's. Don't let that happen to your gear, you'll hate yourself for it.