chinagirl

UFC /MMA

Been awhile since I've seen any postings. Where are you bastards? There's so much going on!!

What did you think of the Affliction Banned event? I thought most of the fights were extremely entertaining but the cinematography was low budget. Couldn't make out the crowd, not that it mattered. As for the announcer, I wasn't impressed. But then again, I'm biased when it comes to Joe Rogan. :$

Anderson Silva never ceases amaze me. TKO in less than a minute during his first bout moving up a weight class. *sigh* Now I know why I love him so much...:)

Do you think UFC managed to distract from the Affliction event much and do you think they'll put on another event considering the performance by Arlovsky, Barnett, and Fedor?
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I was bored with Affliction. there was too much down time between fight and the cheesiest intro ever...

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUMBUUUHHHLLLL!!

Then he looked like, "uh, now what?"

A live band palying is a cool idea but it was wierd to have the fighters come out and stand on the ramp for 3 minutes while they all looked around like "WTF, are we doing?"

I don't like the ring-
I didn't like the announcer although it was cool to see John McCarthy interviewing.
I didn't like the down time betwwen fights.
It was wierd to have the prefight interview playing while the each fighter made their way to the ring.
UFC gets all that shit out of the way in the begining.
I know they had a lot of fast fights but they could have had a decent announcer (Joe Rogan) recap the fight and speculate on other fights etc.

I also didnt like they way the lights were out as they announced the fighters. the camera showed a dark corner etc....

They are a new Org and they may work all that stuff out but I am glad I didnt pay to watch it.

Tim silvia never STARTED to amaze me. His fights are boring and with his size he should be crushing people...or at least putting up a fight.

Anderson. Never doubted that outcome. but Damn that was fast.

btw- I did post a thread about that but it sank quickly.:ph34r:

My photos

My Videos

I ditto a lot of what jt said (except for Megadeth...WTF were they thinking?)

Where Affliction fell short (announcers, production, footage from previous fights, Megadeth), most of it can be worked out over time (especially with Trump backing it.) They obviously put together one of the best fight cards this year, but it will probably be awhile before they can do anything like that again. They did rather well with filling the niche of the heavyweight void. I think eventually they'll stop doing weird stuff (like reading a list of all the "famous" people in attendance...and for thinking that showing Don Johnson was a good thing.) And the good thing is that Fedor isn't hurt, so he should be ready to fight again very soon! :)
UFC putting out free fights always makes me happy! I wasn't too surprised about Silva knocking him out so fast (loved how Joe Rogan predicted pretty much spot on.) It's too bad for Johnson that he lost based on a bad call. And as dumb as Goldberg seems, watching Affliction gave me a new appreciation of him keeping things "running." He can ask dumb questions, stay stupid crap, but they're leading questions to the right time to the right people and keeping the flow up.

I'm also very excited since UFC is coming to Chicago, so hopefully I get another good lick on Dana's head this October!

There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Agreed that the production has a LOT of kinks to work out but I was impressed with the heavyweight lineups. UFC is definitely much more fast-paced but I have never paid this much attention to the heavyweight fighters because, like JT said, I was tired of seeing Tim Silvia lumber around like a giant. After seeing Arlovsky's fight, I'm utterly confused why the UFC didn't give him more matches.

I honestly like to see Affliction make some headway with the heavyweight division since UFC doesn't seem to give that weight class much attention. Much like WEC is dominant in promoting featherweight and banterweight.

They definitely have much to improve on and yeah, WTF were they thinking putting Don Johnson in the ring?

I'm also very excited since UFC is coming to Chicago, so hopefully I get another good lick on Dana's head this October!

UFC is coming to Atlanta in September and we got tickets, so me first! :P

What do you guys think about the next event? I like John Fitch, think he's pretty good but I'm not so sure I would put him in the same class as GSP (who I am, not so secretly, in love with and will abduct and marry one day.:))
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

UFC is coming to Atlanta in September and we got tickets, so me first! :P

I already have ;) And there's pictures/video to prove it! (Not to mention a story or two in the news...)

After seeing Arlovsky's fight, I'm utterly confused why the UFC didn't give him more matches.

I could be wrong, but I think it had to do with Arlovski not performing as well (he hasn't looked that good in a fight in a really long time...if ever) but still wanting more fights/money.

WTF were they thinking putting Don Johnson in the ring?

That was probably Affliction's most humiliating moment!

Also, (as noted by the men I watched the fights with), another fault of Affliction was to never ever show close ups of the ring girls. I mean, how do guys know they're still straight if they don't throw in video of a hot chick while they're watching buff, sweaty men roll around together?
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Don Johnson? IN the ring? What could he possibly have to say.

I must admit I skipped passed alot of the bs. I have it on a computer fiule so I was skipping to find the begining of each fight. I must've skipped right passed goofy.

You may not be a Megadeth fan but I think live music can be a decent attraction for the LIVE audience.

I.E. during commercial breaks live music would be better than standing there for 5 minutes.
My photos

My Videos

Fast forward to the end when they announce Fedor as the titleholder...should have seen those 3 in all white. Weird...

Actually even when we watched UFC 84 live, it was very fast-paced. 5 minutes barely gives you enough time to stand in line to get a snack and refill your drink.
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I already have ;) And there's pictures/video to prove it! (Not to mention a story or two in the news...)

Damn, I'm jealous!! Did it taste as good as I think it will? ;):ph34r:

***Also, (as noted by the men I watched the fights with), another fault of Affliction was to never ever show close ups of the ring girls. I mean, how do guys know they're still straight if they don't throw in video of a hot chick while they're watching buff, sweaty men roll around together?

LoL!! Eh, these guys know they love seeing half naked men grappling each other on the floor, but they won't ever admit it.

I forgot to mention, yes, I HATED that ring too! Talk about fucking up the momentum of the fight by stopping it and dragging them BACK into the ring. Now I know why UFC went with the fenced Octagon. Pure genius...
~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

Yea Im sure during the commercial/advertisement breaks everyone rushes to get refills...and empty out.

but rather than listening to the prerecorded crap that you've seen 40 times on tv and online for upcoming fights some live music might be cool.
My photos

My Videos

Agreed. I think the audience got one hell of a deal, MMA fight AND a concert by a rock band. I'm all for it!! :D

So, what do you think of the upcoming matches? Excuse me but I'm still fuming over the fact that asshat Nate Diaz is actually headlining Fight Night. Same goes with Bisping. I would rather pay to watch Machida and Thiago Silva then to watch that English pussy. What did you think about Hamill going down a weight class as well? How badly does he want a rematch with Bisping??

~Built for Abuse
www.skydivethefarm.com

I'm not a BVisping fan either but...

He has been pretty good since he dropped weigh classes.

I think The count, as well and rashad evans, has been pretty spoon fed since they got to the UFC.

Evans and Bisping arent as good as the hype.
Bisping is their english poster boy so I understand all the marketing they are putting into him.

I wanna see the Hamill fight again.
My photos

My Videos

His match with Frank was definitely one of the better heavyweight matchup. I definitely can't wait to see him again. I think he is in the stack for the next UFC event.

I do think that if Brock can learn to protect his legs, as well as build some more strength in them, he will be hard to beat. He pounds and pounds like nobody else, then again, I haven't seen much MMA, so what the hell do I know?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I do think that if Brock can learn to protect his legs, as well as build some more strength in them, he will be hard to beat. He pounds and pounds like nobody else, then again, I haven't seen much MMA, so what the hell do I know?

I think if Brock learns some BJJ he'll be dangerous.
that guy is as wide as a house and he has a great wrestling record.
if he knew some submissions he'd be a great add to the ufc. Iirc he can stand a fight enough that he shouldnt be worried about getting ko'd.
My photos

My Videos

I think if Brock learns some BJJ he'll be dangerous.
that guy is as wide as a house and he has a great wrestling record.
if he knew some submissions he'd be a great add to the ufc. Iirc he can stand a fight enough that he shouldnt be worried about getting ko'd.

You're absolutely right. And he was even bigger when he was in the WWE. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban