riddler

Funny kid stories #3

My 21-month old starting talking at four months, but the words were limited at first to just a few things like "mama", "dada", etc. She really started talking a lot at about 16 months, and we like to make silly sounds to each other, like blowing raspberries, barnyard animals, etc, and laugh together about it.

At about 19 months she was so prolific that she started talking in her sleep. It's cute because I put her to bed every night, and I read to her, and sing songs to her until she falls asleep. I stay with her long enough to make sure she's past alpha and theta sleep, otherwise she might wake up quickly, then it takes a really long time to get her back to sleep.

So last week, I was singing to her and she falls asleep. I kept singing until the sleep-grins faded, and the little arms and leg-twitches stopped to make sure she was in deep sleep before I got up to go back to work on the computer. I was singing Mary Had a Little Lamb, and I was just about ready to stop, somewhere in the third verse, when right on cue, in the middle of a pause, she makes a "baaa" sound, like a sheep, in her sleep. :D

At that point, I had to stop singing, because I was trying to hold in my laughter, not shake the bed too much with convulsions, and wipe tears away. She never woke up - just kept right on sleeping. :ph34r:
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD