joedesk264

If you want skydive and have fun dont go to Cross keys!!

CK is my home dropzone. The current manager IS a skydiver, but doesn't jump due to physical problems. Also the only people who have been kicked off were 2 idiots who got drunk off the dz and decided to wake everyone, including the whuffo neighbors, in the area at 3 am on a Friday night, by banging on doors.
Since you have all those friends across the country, maybe you can get them to supply some of the particular incidents of people getting kicked off?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

I did show up Saturday with the B'cuda. A few friends also showed, driving a yellow 71 Dart, red 68 Road Runner & a blue 69 AMX. They had fun watching the jumpers, I observed, explained some things, & answered most of their questions.

As for the jump operations there, well, what can one say when it's your first visit to the DZ? Both the Otter & Sky Van were running back to back loads. Things seemed to operate smoothly. Looked like there were 5 or 6 tandems per load, maybe a couple students & the rest either teams training or fun jumpers. Couldn't stay to observe after-hours ops as I had commitments.

I talked to one of the instructors for a minute or two also. Damn, they're making them young these days! :S

So now I'm starting to get the bug. Should I drop off my gear for a LONG overdue repack & get myself aired out again? Should I throw my "older than 'twardo's" body through the air again? I'm beginning to think, "Yes!" :o

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

I"m seriously thinking about breaking the 68 Barracuda out of the garage Saturday, meeting up with a few of my other old Mopar friends & making a drive out there for lunch. If I do, I'll report on what I find.

I was there all day for ground school instructed by Dan. It was busy as shit, IMO. I heard someone say 180 tandems yesterday? Could that be right?

I think I had a dream with someone saying all night "meet your tandem instructor on the smiley face in front of the hangar".
:D
Always be kinder than you feel.

Also the only people who have been kicked off were 2 idiots who got drunk off the dz and decided to wake everyone, including the whuffo neighbors, in the area at 3 am on a Friday night, by banging on doors.

I think one of those whuffo neighbors is either a Monroe or Washington Township police officer? If they messed with his/her house, fuck that, all bets are probably off when it comes to future ball busting.
Always be kinder than you feel.