kirrz

How much can a harness be re-sized?

One other point to consider is the harness fully articulated, hip rings only or is it a non ringed harness. That fact will make a difference in the price I would charge. The easier the work the less charge there is. I do have a feeling though that if you find a big container it will probly have a big harness to go with it and there is more to a rig fitting PROPERLY than just the main lift webbing size. It would probly be cheaper and easier to have a new harness sized for you installed. But to simply answer your question...yes it can be done, you just have to be willing to pay and the cost will vary between riggers and different manufacturers.

Hehehe. Get'n back in the salt water tomorrow J. Sooo ready! Head high + surf in SoCal, yahoo. Sure i'll be choking up buckets of salt water throughout the day, as well as post nasal drip, and love'n it! As far as harness resizing you are right on. There are several qualified riggers such as myself included but is still a better bet to send to the mfr.

There are several qualified riggers such as myself included but is still a better bet to send to the mfr.

I couldn't agree more. Another benefit of having the manufactor do the resizing is you will get a harness with correct harness geometry for the rig. I know at least one person who got a harness resize done by a local (qualified) rigger and found the harness less comfortable even though it fit better (not as loose).

Your absolutely right! No doubt that custom gear made by the manufacturer is gonna fit great. When it comes to comfort though, even with a perfect fitting harness a rig can still be not as comfy as another rig. If I had to choose fit for comfort(comfort within reason) I have to choose fit. Vectors can be like a brick when packed,they tend to pull my shoulders back. Mirage, if anything there is a little fit thing at the hips, sometimes the leg pads pinch my boys. Youch! Racer, uhh can you say 'the most comfortable rig on the market'! The old ones anyway,i don't know much about the new ones ,have'nt tried one on.