RALFFERS

Workingout when sick

Good idea, bad idea?.... :S

At this point, I only have a runny nose; the killer headache & shakes/shivers are gone.

I've been cooped up in the house for going on 3 days, and if I spend any more time here I'm gonna lose me mind (not that this hasn't already happened!)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I had a bad cold a few weeks ago. One night, I could feel a fever coming on to.

Annoyed that I haven't worked out the past couple days, I said screw it, and went to the gym. Did CrossFit's, "Murph," and actually got a personal record on it. Did it with a 20lb weight vest as well.

Murph:

Run 1mi
100 Pullups
200 Pushups
300 Squats
Run 1mi

Partition the Pullups, Pushups, and Squats as needed. Start and stop with a 1mi run. If you have a 20lb vest or body armor, wear it.

Time = 48:50

Fever went away, and the next day the illness diminished.

I find doing a hard metcon or aerobic workout does wonders for getting rid of the common cold. I wouldn't do it with anything serious, like strep throat, but for the common cold/flu, it works like magic.

BTW, the September challenge on another forum is Triple Murph. Do 3 consecutive Murphs for time, and alternate each Murph so it's different. For example, wear the weight vest on one, next one without, and third, do all the pullups, then all the pushups, then all the squats.

Run 1mi
100 Pullups
200 Pushups
300 Squats
Run 2mi
100 Pullups
200 Pushups
300 Squats
Run 2mi
100 Pullups
200 Pushups
300 Squats
Run 1mi

Gonna plan on doing this next Monday. Who's with me ;)

Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Runny nose and kind of tired? For me, if that's all, working out will usually make me feel better. But that's me-fever, killer headache, etc.- no way. Also, for me more often then not if I've got a runny nose, that's allergies and not a cold. No one else can catch my allergies! I almost never get sick since I started working out regularly.

I've always given my body a rest so it can work to fight off whatever is ailing me. Why don't you just go for a brisk walk and not necessarily "work out".
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon