Jewels

Pet Peeve of the Moment

Today has been a little trying, anyway, so I'm more easily irked, I suppose, than on a normal day. But still, how hard is it to line up pages neatly before stapling them so they stack well??? I have a pile of contracts on my desk and they are stapled together somewhat randomly. I am taking the time out to pull out the old staples and re-do them because it's making me crazy. (Oh, and now I'm taking the time to vent about it to you! I believe this officially qualifies me for the "high maintenance" thread.)

So, what's bugging you today?
TPM Sister #102

LOL--Thanks for feeding my pet peeve. It wouldn't be so bad, but there are a couple of hundred documents. They're not *ALL* terrible; it's just enough that it started getting to me. My guess is that this was a rush job. If the appropriate person was here today, I actually might give it back. At the moment, it seems easier just to fix it since she's out sick today.

C'mon, SURELY you can come up with SOMETHING. :)

TPM Sister #102

OMG the idot drivers who drive SLOW in the FAST lane or the ones who HOLD BACK traffic because they're nimrods! I can not tolerate inconsiderate rude drivers! UGH!
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

ok,
ummm people that turn on the blinker either as they start to turn or right before. what is the point then?

people that inch forward when the light is red, ie creepers. Just apply the brake and wait jackass!!

hmmm what else
people who think they know everything.
oh oh painting
yes painting is a peeve of mine right now.

people who don't reply to my shizzy even though I know they have time, shizzy being email or text.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Driving me nuts today? Having to change my address with every corporation I am associated with. I am getting really sick of the new and "improved" voice recognition software all these companies are using. It usually goes something like this:

computer: How can I help you today?
me: address change
computer: okay, claim status
computer: there are no open claims at this time, Goodbye.
(I call back)
computer: How can I help you today?
me: change my address
computer: okay, pay my bill
computer: please enter your credit card number...

I hate these things.

I'm trying to convince a 90 year old CA Registered Nuclear Engineer (he worked on the USS Savannah) ex-coworker that it might not be a good technical idea to use 3' x 3' 45 WATT PV panels from Harbor Freight mounted on his yet-to-converterted-to-electric car as a way to allow the sun to charge the batteries during an 8 hour workday. 20 miles each way is what he needs. Latest idea is a carbon fiber scissor arrangement as used by NASA to extend panels on a satellite. And yea, that first sentence sucked a bit.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I guess you can't move any more. This is it. Last stop. :|

After this move, I don't want to move again for a very long time. Who knew that moving 4 miles could be such a pain in the butt? The amount of time and effort this has taken has been ridiculous. Next time, I'm hiring professionals.

Oh, I'm right there with ya on the misaligned paperwork. I restaple too. :D

How about people who won't throw away the staples from the staple remover at the copy machine? All of those used staples falling into the copier and causing a copier repair call. The trash can is one foot away!!! :S

But the biggest one today are the people who pay their bill through their bank's billpay service and won't make a change when needed. Our company name changed six months ago. We sent out an announcement. The invoices have how we would like the checks made payable, but 99 percent of people using Billpay won't change it! >:(

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

ABSOLUTELY! If you had the patience for it, you could start your own business, changing addresses for all the people who want to commit assault and battery when they try to do it themselves. Then again, you'd have to have good mental health coverage in your insurance package!

Is this a home or an office move?
TPM Sister #102

How about people who won't throw away the staples from the staple remover at the copy machine? All of those used staples falling into the copier and causing a copier repair call. The trash can is one foot away!!! :S

Seriously, I could hug you right about now. I HATE THAT!!

I'm very sorry about the Billpay thing. It's not like it's rocket science. I never know if people just ignore things like that or if they just don't care.
TPM Sister #102

It's a home move. And my zip code isn't even changing. I hate the realization of how much stuff I have accumulated. I used to move 2 times a year during college and it took only an afternoon and a single truck load. This time it took all my free time for two weeks (and counting) and multiple truck and trailer loads back and forth.

I have no clue what you said. None. But in the spirit of my thread, I am behind you 1000%. (And I would think that convincing a 90-year-old retired engineer of ANYTHING would be challenging enough, anyway.)

Simplified version: You probably couldnt fit enough puppies with even the most severe cases of gas imaginable into your car to generate enough methane during the workday to run the car long enough to get home.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG