npgraphicdesign

Hedge trimmer - 1, index finger - 0.

Amy was working in the ER one night when two guys came in. They had been mowing the lawn and figured they would just pick up the lawnmower and use it to trim the bushes. So they both grabbed it, and . . .

They had a baggie with about 12 fingertips in it. There was no chance of reattaching anything since they couldn't tell whose was whose.

hey bud don't stick your fingers in the hedge trimmers while they're on

youre gonna lose a finger :|

i thought everybody knew that

You can never assume that everyone knows something. My favorite warning label was on a push mower and it read," Do not use to trim hedges".

When I was in high school, my friends and I sat out in front of my house (just hanging out...being asshole teenagers...whatever). The guy across the street was mowing his lawn and, for some reason, pushed the handle down when he got to the shrubs. It was almost like he was trying to clean up the edge where the hedge met the grass or something. His lawnmower got stuck in the bushes and he started screaming at the damn thing. He wasn't screaming in pain...just yelling at his lawnmower. When he finally shut it off, he kicked it and stormed in the house. I'm still not sure what happened that day.

I only cut the power cord, been very successful with that.

Fingers don't really have a reason to get near the blades.

But obviously you haven't figured that out yet.:P

LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"