Anvilbrother

Skydive spaceland 5/30/10

Was at spaceland and saw someone land north and then there were lots of emergency vehicles and used medical eq. Does anyone know what kind of incident occurred and the status of the jumper. Want to post it here because I was not sure if a true incident occurred, if so please move this to the other forum. Hope it was just a scare :(

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Really noone here knows what happened?[:/] There were dozens of jumpers and staff there. If we don't know what went wrong we can't learn and possibly help an injured jumper.

Sorry it has been a busy weekend and not everyone goes straight to dz.com when an accident happens.

Visiting jumper from Waller. From what I gather she got too low on her downwind leg and didn't want to make low turn back into the wind. She had a downwind landing in to the berm on the northeast property line. Winds were light and variable. I heard she broke her femur.

Ok thanks I was hoping it was not worse. Being my first time there I was supprised to see different landing areas. Looked like a really cool Dz. The winds were very light and variable, it was also very hot alot of the jumpers were getting poor flares. Sounds like even tho a jumper followed the don't 180 just to land into the wind there were other complications.

Things for all to think about:
Choose your outs ahead of time(this may have been jumpers only out by that time?)

Remember the differences in landing on flat, up/down slope grounds.(sounded like a feet first landing into a ditch bank?)

PLF!(jumper might have?)

Just like packing you can do everything right and things can still just happen.

Jumpers name not important pmers it's the lesson

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,