skittles_of_SDC

Parents, would you...

I'm sure if I had mommy or daddy able and willing to pay my way I would have taken advantage as well. But it's one thing to have that and quite another to brag/boast about it which is how you are coming across.

Really? Go back to my very first post and show me where I brag or boast.

So once again Quit yer bitchin' and cryin' and get over it.

I'm sure if I had mommy or daddy able and willing to pay my way I would have taken advantage as well. But it's one thing to have that and quite another to brag/boast about it which is how you are coming across.

Really? Go back to my very first post and show me where I brag or boast.

So once again Quit yer bitchin' and cryin' and get over it.

Really? Go back and re-read my post and show me where I bitch or cry.

:P

Theres a right jab, now a left hook followed by a huge uppercut, oooooohhhhhhhhh, DOWN GOES SKITTLES, DOWN GOES SLKITTLES. LOL

For real. These people are getting pretty worked up in here.

Seriously, what is it people? Jealousy? Are ya'll just jealous that you didn't have enough money laying around when you first started out to jump as much as you wanted and buy new gear? Are you pissed cause I still get to live at home and you guys have to pay rent or a mortgage?

Quit yer bitchin' and cryin', and get over it.

hey PAl.....:|

just checked back to your thread to be sure that our community has been giving you solid, "grown -up" advice.... and soooooo
i find that you live @ your parents House, and i also gather that you're in college... and hear you say..."i'm all tied up" in stocks...[:/]:|

pulleeeze!!!!!!... I have a question for YOU!!!! now...

do you have siblings??? ya' know... brothers??? sisters???...

if so. do THEY also live at home...??? under the financial CARE of Mommy & Daddy???

as for your changed sig line.....whoa.....

it sorta makes you sound kinda childish....
but what do I know...?? i was outta my folks home when i was 19....( coincidentally the same age i began skydiving,,) was paying all my own bills, rent , car, insurance, utilities, AND my own college tuition,, ( granted at a state college) I pulled off my bachelors degree without taking out a single student loan... and all the while retained my parents, love, blessings, and enthusiasm about my chosen 'hobby'...... They welcome me ANY time for visits, and still, as they reach into their 80's get a real kick out of seeing some of my videos, and photos....they've never so much as given me a LIFT TICKET.... i have 3 brothers and a dear sister, and it wouldn't be FAIR to subsidize one and not another...

so please answer my curiosity about siblings>>

and as long as i am being so nosey here..:S:o
what sorta of WORK do you do??? or are you exempt???
cause you're "still in school"?

peace out friend.... and don't you DARE consider my post or ANY other post, as "bitchin' and cryin' " and please retract your request that those who express an opinion contrary to Yours,,, "get over it ".

Ya' Follow?????????>:(

jimmy OUT...
A 3914
D 12122
36 hr. FF # 1281

Yes I have 2 brothers. While I live with my parents, like you I have never had them pay a cent for any of my skydiving. As for work I invest. And don't YOU, DARE say that me investing isn't real work. It takes a lot of work.

As far as you paying your way for everything when you turned 19 which, if your profile is up to date, means it was 36 years ago. I'm no econ major but I'm pretty sure COL was much lower back then.

As far as you paying your way for everything when you turned 19 which, if your profile is up to date, means it was 36 years ago. I'm no econ major but I'm pretty sure COL was much lower back then.

It is what you make it. If you want it bad enough, you will find a way. And it's not that hard. Live with multiple roommates, use public transport, carpool, don't eat out, don't buy a bunch of toys etc. It's all about how bad you want it.

Yes I have 2 brothers. While I live with my parents, like you I have never had them pay a cent for any of my skydiving. As for work I invest. And don't YOU, DARE say that me investing isn't real work. It takes a lot of work.

I guess to me you just sound really damn disrespectful of your parents and all they are doing for you, really taking them for granted... which is exactly what you will be doing if you ask them to buy you an AAD for Christmas (or buy you anything for Christmas, for that matter). They give you college, room, board, etc, and yet you ask for more? That seems selfish, greedy, and immature.

Am I jealous? I'm jealous that you have parents that love you... I'd give my right arm for that, to hear either one of my parents tell me they love me, even one time, and actually mean it? Yeah, I'm jealous. I am, however, quite proud of the fact that I was independent since I was 17.... put myself through college, grad school, skydiving, etc.

To save you from doing math, I'm 34, graduated from undergrad in 1996 and grad school in 2000. My undergrad bill was over $100,000 (all paid for in scholarships and lots of jobs), my grad school bill was $200,000.... all paid for with student loans (all paid off in 7 years) and lots of jobs.

Appreciate what you have, be thankful for every moment you have with your parents, don't ask for a damn thing from them.... start asking what you can do for them. It's sad to me that you don't seem to see just how fortunate you are, only that you want more.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

thank you , for your answer....

where do your brothers live?? are they older or younger than you...?

as for cost of living.... granted...

less.... :|
just like WAGES were...:S

i worked LOTS and LOTS of double shifts, and 12 hour shifts....and while in colllege ALWAYs worked weekend nights....and ALWAYS worked in some way @ the DZ,,,, everything from mowing the lawn along the runway, to packing, to working with students...

as for 'investing' being work.... No doubt...
only THAT shit can give you ulcers.... ;) or so i've been told...:o:S;);)

where did the start-up capital ?? come from??
Monetary Christmas presents?? birthday Gifts??
out of thin air????

.. aw hell.. doesn't really matter...
Bad enough to have to ride this Dow-Debacle in our IRAs and 401ks etc etc.
I would sure NOT want to be counting on the Market uncertainty, to generate MY week to week income...

BUT IF it agrees with YOU..... then HAVE at it.
good luck.

skydive safely

jt

So when you were my age, you walked into the house (assuming you were living at home) after buying something expensive and told your parents exactly how much you spent on it? Without even being asked? That's how a lot of you are making it sound. Maybe most of you missed the part of the post where I said if they ask I will tell them.

Well I have been out of my parents home since I was 16, however when I do buy things even to this day I brag because as a chick I tend to search for sales and Im proud of how much I saved and its like a bad.

Granted if they do not ask I do not see the reason to tell, however consider borrowing the money unless they are rich. I think if you sit them down and explain what the AAD does they would loan it if they had it, if they ask what you want for xmas tell them the DZs phone number and have them add money to your account for jumps, being a college student you will want to jump but may not always have the money and bam theres a jump still left over from xmas. To me I would be upset if my child asked for such a expensive gift as an adult but would be all for loaning the money.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Are ya'll just jealous that you didn't have enough money laying around when you first started out to jump as much as you wanted and buy new gear?

Says the guy who wants mommy and daddy to buy him an AAD.

:D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You need to have a great rep so you can get with all the HOT SKYDIVE CHICKS!!!!!

Why? He can save time and bypass them, after all you only get a turn anyways...

Holy crap on your jump numbers ,way to go Don
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

You need to have a great rep so you can get with all the HOT SKYDIVE CHICKS!!!!!

Why? He can save time and bypass them, after all you only get a turn anyways...

Holy crap on your jump numbers ,way to go Don

He's 20! He should take his turn! :D

Jump #s ? I should have alot more, but, I do what the wallet can handle..
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

buy your child an AAD, if they asked for it as a birthday/Christmas present?

I know it would be a hell of an expensive present but knowing that it could possibly save their life someday would you buy it for them? I'm not sure whether to even ask for one because I don't really want my parents questioning how much i am spending on my rig. [:/]

Also if you as a parent weren't a skydiver and your child was, would you buy it for them?

She would already have one if she had her own rig.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun